I have just tried upgrading the head unit in my car from a Symphony to a Symphony 2 and have come across the following issues:
1. There is a small co-ax type plug in the loom (that I assume puts the radio channel/CD track on the display on the dash) that doesn't fit the Symphony 2 as the both the loom and the stereo appear to have 'male' centres.
2. The Radio doesn't display 'BOSE' when it is turned on. Do all Symphony 2's do this as it appeared in the display on my Symphony?(It has got BOSE fitted)
3. The display seems very dim compared to the old radio and climate control display.
4. When I turn the ignition off and remove the key the radio stays on, unlike the original Symphony which turned off.
5. The old Symphony had a blade connector type earth plug on the back which the new one doesn't. I have tried earthing this plug onto the Symphony 2 to see if the display becomes brighter but it doesn't.
6. On a purely cosmetic note, the colour and finish of the Symphony 2 is a dark grey soft touch matt type finish whereas the old Symphony, the climate unit and the ESP/Cup holder panel above the radio are a very dark black with almost a shiny finish (not the Piano black of the S3 but if anyone knows where I can get a set from please let me know!!).
It is a 2000 'X' face lift 1.8 T Sport that had the Symphony with BOSE fitted from new.
Has anyone else done this conversion and had similar problems? Any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.