Blaupunkt Memphis MP66 with USB Hard Drive

OvettC

Uhm... what next...
Reaction score
Having scoured the depth of the I.C.E Forum I hope this isn't a thread that has already been answered! I have a 53 plate A4 1.8T with a Concert Radio, i know its not BOSE but not a lot more, looking under the parcel shelf i can see that on the right there is a black plastic grill does this mean it does have an amp and a sub? or is there a more obvious way of knowing what i have!?

I am looking to buy the Blaupunkt Memphis MP66 with its specified 40Gb drive am i right in assuming that like the Woodstock this will be a straight swap with exception to changing the live feed so it comes on with the ignition?

The other question was in relation to the D.I.S system I have have found plenty of people saying that Blaupunkt do an adapter but no references as to where or whom!

And finally I am looking for some new front speakers with a meaty range not too worried about the top end but mid-bass would be good, any recommendations for the A4 as I can see that the speakers are attached to the door sub-frame so i should be able to get some good sounds!:thrashi:

Thanks in advance.:meeting:

It should be straight plug & play, but you'll find that the rears & sub will be unbalanced with the fronts i.e. not loud enough. The rears really need to run off the HU along with the fronts. This will require rewiring.
The fronts are 6.5" components with a 1" tweeter, so huge choice of options and anything will sound better than the stock speakers. You will need to make some adapter rings though as the stock speakers stand proud of the sub frame by about 40mm.
BP do a DIS cable adapter but no idea where you get one.
Try www.bluespot.co.uk
They actually do a double DIN to single DIN centre console adapter.

Excellent, thanks for the advice, so to take this a whole step further then, by replacing the amp for the rear sub and the sub (8" sub?) itself and running new cable from the amp to the HU Sub Output will the HU i.e. 4x18RMS be enough to run the 6.5" Speakers Front & Rear or should i amp the fronts whilst i'm there?

If so, where's best to stick the other amp or is there one that'll fit in the same place as the one for the Sub and run both without the need for rewiring on the electrical front or is it thick gauge wire time!?

Basically i'm a little afraid of cars electric, slight horror story from younger years of Fiesta ownership and not knowing my plus and minuses! if someone with a proven portfolio of work wants some evasive IRS cash then P.M me!

What I did in my B6 Avant:
Replaced HU with Woodstock DAB54
Replace the front speakers with Alpine components
Installed a JL audio sub in a custom 18mm MDF stealth enclosure in the left rear cubbyhole.
Installed an Alpine V12 F400 in the right cubbyhole
The amp powers the fronts and the sub.
Rewired the rears so they now run off the HU.
I found the HU really did not have enough power for the fronts to do them justice so if you're installing an amp anyway I would strongly recommend making it a 4 channel and driving the fronts as well.
You will need to run an 8 gauge power cable, the stock amp runs off a 5amp feed which isn't man enough to drive anything.
Not sure where the amp could be sited in a saloon, the Avant has loads of space behind the rear trim.
AvantAmp4ch.jpg

Andy that's great, that gives me all the info i need, i've just been looking at custom enclosures on another site and i'm feeling a blue peter moment coming on.... I may come back to you with regards to the electrical fusage side of things as its not something i'm too hot at!

If you run an 8 gauge cable with a 40amp fuse straight to the battery then that'll be more than enough for one or two amps.