A3/A4/A6 RNS-E TV in motion

s8craig

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.tclsatnav.com
I now have in my posession the TV in motion tool for RNS-E systems fitted with TV or video inputs. This tool stops the screen blanking to the warning screen whilst watching the TV input on the move and allows the navigation to function fully.

Anyone interested in having this done on their cars, let me know.

How does it work Craig? I thought this would require a software hack instead of hardware.

Don't you just connect the wire to the handbrake onto the remote lead at the back of the head unit?

Craig,
Does this mean you'll be watching tele whilst driving along? If so please let us know and I'll make sure me and my loved ones are off the road. Surely it safer to watch Corrie at home!

Randomjim said:
Don't you just connect the wire to the handbrake onto the remote lead at the back of the head unit?

The RNS-E in an A3/A4 gets its speed pulses from the canbus and normally you need a can filter to stop the screen blanking above 5mph, so its not quite that simple.

This "Tool" reprogrammes the RNS-E to 250mph before blanking, hence the TV stays on when the car is moving.

I have done this in my A8 (MMI) with a similar type of tool and it works very well.