Active Subs?

mmmm I'm not sure a 12 cm driver will be able to produce good bass... Better to get something a little bigger maybe in a wooden enclosure for some added warmth in the sound?

not sure but about panasonic...but check out Infinity and Alpine active subs, bot make good quality subs and amps.

I am concerned about whether it can deliver enough from a small enclosure. I can't find any Alpine active subs and the Infinity one is too big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess I'll wait and see what the std. S3 sub sounds like when I've got some proper control over it with the Alpine head unit.

Decisions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks for the input.

Haha - got the S3 then mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I assume 'tis you with an abbreviated user name?

I have a (fairly) compact rockford fossgate12 with caliber 4channel amp atop which came from my A3 if you are interested, or want to try it for size.

My experience of active stuff like that is that you'll be ultimately dissapointed...

Hi David. Yep, it's me. Finally got it. Love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Could you pm the dimensions and a rough price. Gotta keep most of the boot and I sold the A4 complete with ICE.

Will do.

Its stored in my old mans garage at the moment, I have measurements soon. We should meet up sometime and I'll bring it along and can discuss things then.

Cheers

Dave

Oh, the other thing is that it stays put under all but the wildest cornering (i.e. it has no permanent fastenings so can be removed easily for the good lady's shopping etc!)