Poor iPod control?!?

Benji5

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've recently bought a A3 2008 with symphony, Bose and iPod dock in the glovebox. I'm over the moon with the car except for the poor iPod control through the stereo. Am I missing something?? Basically I can select a playlist on the ipod and let it run but if I feel like a change and wish to change it through the stereo then i get a seemingly random set of playlists via selecting CD's 7-12. And no matter what selection I initially had on the iPod selecting CD's 7-12 will always play the same tracks. In short I can only access a really tiny portion of my iPod through the stereo, can any one help please??? Thank you very much.

TBH mate using existing radio, you have only aftermarket solutions like dension & they only give you info through the dis anyway.

If you were to upgrade to the mk2 rns-e, this would also allow usage of the proper ipod interface AMI for album, artists, track info through head unit, its a hell fo allot better, but also has a huge cost.

If interested, ping me a PM.

Cheers for the reply. I've had a look at the prices for the RNS-E and that's way out of budget so I will have to put up with it for now.
Many thanks.