Help!! Symphony unit will not budge

Triquin

Reaction score
I am trying to remove my symphony radio to fit a Parrot MKi9200 unit but can't seem to get the unit out.

I have inserted the 4 release keys but I think one corner is not unlocking.

Has anyone else had this problem? or even better does anyone know of a way to remove the unit without destroying it completely?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Firstly you need to remove the glovebox so you can push the unit out from behind
Secondly the removal keys are inserted with the angled sides facing inwards (facing each other)
Thirdly do not pull on the actual keys themselves otherwise the spring clips can get wedged

Sometimes I find, if you very very carefully push the key to the side thats wedged so it pushes the spring clips more inwards, it may give it enough leverage to pull/push that corner out, but do take extreme care & follow what Andy has kindly advised as it could be a real pita to remove if you damage the fixings.

It probably doesn't help much now but I have found the Audi genuine keys to work much better than ones from auction sites !

If the key is not jammed and they're close by it might be worth a trip to Audi to ask to lend a key.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I am going to have a shot at the weekend.

Thanks again.

Pete