Question about volume control for concert (weblink)

ajmackie

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi

I've bought a concert radio for my car as the sony one i put in was craap!
I bought it for £40+vat from cartransplants and it has a 28 day warranty. There is a tiny bit of a volume issue, but not that bad.
Can anyone remember the weblink to someones webpage where they did a big writeup about fixing the volume by reprogramming the microprocessor as it has a fault calling the memory up for the volume.

If anyone can remember this link would be really happy!!!
Want to see whether I have the neccessary stuff, I have a PIC programmer and it might also interface the chip that needs programming? Otherwise can be armed with a bit of info if I decided to get them to fix it under warranty.

Cheers for any help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

****** hell, all that just to store the volume setting. What was wrong with a good old analogue control.
It remembered where it was when you switched off because it was still there when you switch on!
Not because a computer was analising & storing every knob adjustment (ooh er missus) on the off chance the user might turn the unit off. That's progress.
Is this why the Bass & treble have limited effect on the Bose coded HU's, because they've fiddled about with the limits/thresholds of the tone controls?
I guess so.

That's a brilliant link AJ, I hadn't seen that before. Certainly explains properly why these units are going t*its up. Didn't realise it wasn't hardware related and was just a memory issue.