7 weeks and 3200 miles into S4 ownership

They probably tried to meet their end of month targets even though the profit margin was low or non-existent.

Good job!

Hi All new here but excellent thread - just ordered glacier white S4 with most of the options!!!

Keef mentioned model year and some ommisions was wondering what these were? My car is scheduled for June build.

I also got a good deal, top price for my trade in and about 10% off plus £1900 contribution to credit.

Reactions: Rich M
Keef mentioned model year and some omissions was wondering what these were? My car is scheduled for June build.

The MY 2015 discounted list has been posted somewhere on here in another thread
If you Google ' Discontinued options for model year 2015' or ' AU0091-14' you should be able to find it

From memory the only changes for the A4/S4 were, omission of Estoril Blue paint and 19" 7-arm double spoke alloys

But there doesn't appear to be a list of additions (if any) as yet.

If your car is built in June it will be a 2015MY car as production of these starts in week 22 (wc 26th May)

Reactions: elpeterol
This is from a post on these forums by warren_S3:

--
Discontinued options for model year 2015

Summary: Advance notice of items not available to order after 7 February

AU0091-14

Several options across the Audi range will be discontinued for model year 2015 (MY15). This is part of the annual process of refreshing our products.

For the majority of models, production of MY15 cars begin in week 22; to avoid any cars being built with the incorrect specification, the discontinued options cannot be ordered after 7 February 2014.

You can download a complete list of discontinued options for model year 2015 in PDF format below.

The A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8 and Q5 will all be affected. Centres should tell customers that these options are no longer available.

Wherever possible, customer orders already in the system but without a build week will be scheduled as an MY14 car, with the option as requested. However, sometimes this may not be possible; you will be contacted if this happens.

Further information on MY15 changes will be published on Desktop in early March.

New pricing and specification guides will be available on Desktop and audi.co.uk when 2015 models are opened for ordering.

Disc S4 Estoril blue, crystal effect paint K0

Disc All A4 (Excl. RS4) 19” x 8.5J ‘7-arm double-spoke’ design alloy wheels with 255/35 Y R19 tyres PQF

--

Which is why i couldn't find the Estoril Blue paintwork on the Audi Configurator when building my car

Reactions: elpeterol
Good write up, I'm picking up my S4 tomorrow and can't wait. :)

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and scotty76
Nice write up.

If you're after some nice mods, look at the sports exhaust, uprated intercooler, larger pulley and remap that should see over 400bhp and I think would be chasing a 4.0 on the 0-60mph!

Not a direct comparison, as although mine is the same engine it is remapped to bleed boost sooner than the S4.... but then it is a bigger car.... and I'll see 22-24mpg on short trips around town, lowish 30's on a gntle motorway cruise. Tend to average just under 30mpg on a tank and I've seen 38mpg avg on a VERY gentle (65mph) 100 mile motorway dawdle...

Woop, had a call from my dealership to say my build has come forward by 2 weeks from week 27 to week 25!! Doesn't sound much but I will take it. Hopefully it will come forward even more as 5 months is a long wait

I was told that mine had come forward too - looking like a mid to late June delivery :)

What date did you guys order? I ordered mine yesterday. :) Dealer is looking to poach a build slot and spec amend a car in the queue. Not sure what all that means but they told me it's to try and get the car quicker! Still expecting a long wait!

This seems to be a common thing, although still only a provisional date (hasn't gone confirmed build yet).
I found out that my Build week had moved forwards from week 20 to week 18 - dealer didn't think to tell me!

Build week 18 is week commencing 28th April and its normally 3 - 4 weeks after that for delivery, so I'm hopeful
of picking-up 1st week in June.

Scotty - I hope your dealer can do that for you, but in my experience, a lot of dealers say that (including mine) but then cant spec amend S/RS cars. Looking on the bright side, if they cant, you'll get a 2015MY car!
I ordered on 31st January.

Scotty - I hope your dealer can do that for you, but in my experience, a lot of dealers say that (including mine) but then cant spec amend S/RS cars. Looking on the bright side, if they cant, you'll get a 2015MY car!
I ordered on 31st January.

Cheers Keef. TBH having followed the experiences of people on the forum I'm expecting no spec amend and a long wait. :)

Ordered on the 17th Feb (feels like a lifetime ago). I asked about adding super sport seats to mine as I forgot them and they told me it won't push the date back because its not in the build phase yet.

Current build date for mine is 12th June.

Is it me or do Audi seem slow at building their cars? Others seem to average around 12 weeks

Ordered on the 17th Feb (feels like a lifetime ago). I asked about adding super sport seats to mine as I forgot them and they told me it won't push the date back because its not in the build phase yet.

Is it me or do Audi seem slow at building their cars? Others seem to average around 12 weeks

Higher than expected demand in emerging markets has caught them off guard a bit. Also new car sales have increased in the UK recently as well.

Whilst we're one of the bigger markets in Europe, against the US & China we're now small fry so we're falling down the priority pecking order.

So are you going with the SS seats??

I had one of the first B8s when they came out in 2008 - 10 weeks from order to delivery.
Don't think its slowness - just full order books or backlog in production I guess

Yep getting the SS seats added. Done a bit of reading and the majority say it would be foolish not to have them even if they do cost £1500.

Nothing wrong with the standard S4 sports seats but the SS seats look the business and I like feeling bolted in (had these type of seats in both my Focus ST and RS)

Well just had another call and they have added my SS seats - BUT also my build date has changed again to the 5th May!!!! So thats a 7 week reduction in less than 24 hours. Happy days

He also mentioned that the leather door armrests I specced (£205 option) are now free as part of new Audi pricing!

Could be that I spent a few more dollars that its been pushed for a quicker date??

Well just had another call and they have added my SS seats - BUT also my build date has changed again to the 5th May!!!! So thats a 7 week reduction in less than 24 hours. Happy days

He also mentioned that the leather door armrests I specced (£205 option) are now free as part of new Audi pricing!

Could be that I spent a few more dollars that its been pushed for a quicker date??

Result! that's awesome ....hmm what can I change on mine to bring the date forward?

Not to bring you down mate, but make sure your dealer has added 'through load' as this has to be combined with the SS seats.
Its about £165 - my dealer forgot to add it then phoned me to say I had to have it after we agreed a price...so I got it for free!

My build week is the same, 5th May (wk18), with car likely to be ready for collection at dealers in the last week of May.

Can't believe you managed to get 7 week reduction, great bit of luck!

Result! that's awesome ....hmm what can I change on mine to bring the date forward?

Not to bring you down mate, but make sure your dealer has added 'through load' as this has to be combined with the SS seats.
Its about £165 - my dealer forgot to add it then phoned me to say I had to have it after we agreed a price...so I got it for free!

Yep covered mate, I checked first on the audi configurator to see if there was any hidden stuff added and through load popped up. A bit cheeky having to pay £165 for them to cut a hole in the middle seat lol.

But it will come in handy so it's all good :)

My build week is the same, 5th May (wk18), with car likely to be ready for collection at dealers in the last week of May.

Can't believe you managed to get 7 week reduction, great bit of luck!

Yep, I was having a crap day at work but this has cheered me up

I ordered mine on the 26th Feb and have a build date of the last week in May so hopefully delivery late June. The dealer tried to modify an A4 slot but couldn't do it. I have ordered sports seats and lots of other goodies!!

Reactions: scotty76 and Rich M
Just looking at the PDF of the spec I've ordered and noticed this hiding near the bottom:

QV3 DAB digital radio

That'd be nice. Also, finally, after nearly 4 years without it on my B7:

3NZ Split-folding rear seats

It's the little things. :)

Reactions: AFN1980 and warren_S5
I thought it prudent to share the experience thus far for any potential S4 purchasers or likeminded petrol heads that are interested.

Just out of interest did you consider the S3 Saloon when you decided on the S4? I actually was going to get an S4 (or S5 sportback) as I think they're superb, and then saw the S3 Saloon, and went for it instead, as I don't need the small amount of extra space, and felt that you get similar performance for slightly less cash.

Downside is the lack of V6 noise and supercharged torque range, lack of sports differential as an option, less space in back and boot, lack of 'proper torsen quattro', but upsdie being similar performance but better mpg newer interior, newer exterior design and cheaper overall.

Thoughts?

Just out of interest did you consider the S3 Saloon when you decided on the S4? I actually was going to get an S4 (or S5 sportback) as I think they're superb, and then saw the S3 Saloon, and went for it instead, as I don't need the small amount of extra space, and felt that you get similar performance for slightly less cash.

Downside is the lack of V6 noise and supercharged torque range, lack of sports differential as an option, less space in back and boot, lack of 'proper torsen quattro', but upsdie being similar performance but better mpg newer interior, newer exterior design and cheaper overall.

Thoughts?

Not even a consideration for me, too small and I always have Avant's (need the space) - have to say the saloon is a good looking car though - Not keen on the super sport seats!! only upside would be the new Nav screen, which I assume the B9 A4/A5 will have.

Couldn't resist the V6, amazing lump! I've just spec'd an S3 - with discounts, my S4 was cheaper!

Almost went with the S5 sport back, but couldn't break the mould - this being my 5th A4/S4 Avant

Not even a consideration for me, too small and I always have Avant's (need the space) - have to say the saloon is a good looking car though - Not keen on the super sport seats!! only upside would be the new Nav screen, which I assume the B9 A4/A5 will have.

Couldn't resist the V6, amazing lump! I've just spec'd an S3 - with discounts, my S4 was cheaper!

Almost went with the S5 sport back, but couldn't break the mould - this being my 5th A4/S4 Avant

Fair enough, certainly a lot of difference in space betwen S3 Saloon and Avant! Luckily my wife has the family car with an SUV, so not needed for me. Agree on the V6, not having one in the S3 was my main wobble point, but in the end the overall proposition worked for me (I love the SS seats, but they are a personal thing I expect!). I did get a decent dealer discount on my S3 saloon, which is unusual, but meant it was cheaper for me than the S4, even if I'd have managed to get them to match the DTD quotes.

I do find the S4 discount pretty impressive though, I guess the benefit of buying a soon-to-be outgoing model, but with the benefit of Black edition etc to choose from.

Hey ho, maybe a B9 S4 for me next :thumbsup:

Reactions: Keef
Didn't look at the saloon, just a sportback. Something a bit bigger was required, hence the decision to go for an S4 Avant. A bigger boot and practicalities of an estate appealed more than a slightly smaller, nippier hatch/saloon.

Reactions: Joetidman
Didn't look at the saloon, just a sportback. Something a bit bigger was required, hence the decision to go for an S4 Avant. A bigger boot and practicalities of an estate appealed more than a slightly smaller, nippier hatch/saloon.

Plus Avants look better than saloons! :)