VAGCOM on A4

metricspaces

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've a VAGCOM cable and software for hooking up to my S3 8L. Wondering will the same cable fit to an A4 B8 diagnostic port? Will the same version of VAGCOM work?

Im pretty sure it will yes. Somebody will confirm though.

8L was older kline & depends if you have a hex cable if it will work on the B8, if not then its no use & you'll need the genuine hex-can-usb cables that we sell.

I had my work van broken in to last night and my laptop with the vcds disc in and the cable in the carry bag :( absolutely fuming but my mistake should have taken it in the house after using it on a friends car yesterday, only had it a couple weeks too.... :(:(:(

That sucks man, I wonder if I can get RT to block it, do you have the serial no. PM it to me & I will ask the question.

Tell me about it :( but unfortunately I don't have any records or anything to do with it everything I had was in the carry bag, absolutely gutted, I'm debating wether or not to call the insurance but I'm worried they may say that's what they broke in for and prob loose out anyway... Thank you for your offer to help but unfortunately I don't have any record of the serial number :(:(

If it was genuine cable, then the authorised reseller will have the serial number, we retain all ours.

Also I do wonder if you ever submitted to RT for help as they will have a log of this, if the cables genuine.

It was genuine yes, I don't think I used any kind of help tool though, I will have a dig around the house to see if I can find any kind of info.

Sorry to hear about this, hope you get sorted soon!

This reminds me I must get mine registered with Ross Tech.

It's looking a but doubtful I will have anything so looks like I will have to either buy another or do without...

To make myself feel a little better about loosing my laptop and vcds I have just purchased these lol

19" Bentley mulliner wheels

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: Point_Audi
Thank you just got to get the centre bore machined out from 57.1 to 66.6 to fit lol but should have them on for the weekend all being well.

Cool, looking forward to seeing these take plenty of photos if ya get them on!:)