Volks AutosEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By @udi A3

Thread: Emissions control light following DPF and limp mode

Reverse Gear

Status

Emissions control light following DPF and limp mode

Hi - I seem to be having the very common problem with my A4 avant tdi 170 late 2008 (new shape) that many members have had with their DPF. I have owned the car for 2.5yrs - Audi serviced. The DPF first came on in January and I managed to force a regen by driving up and down the M1.

The light came on again a few days ago - the car also went into limp mode - so I had 3 lights on altogether. The DPF, the coil/wire one and the emissions control light. After a much longer stint on the motorway and high revs when not, both the DPF and the coil/wire lights have gone off - the car is no long in limp mode (that happened first) BUT I do still have the emissions control light on.

Do I need to continue trying to force a regen - or has the DPF gone so far I will need to take it in for a 'clean out'?

any advice appreciated. I'm in Halifax.

thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Your dpf sensor is gone. Needs to be scanned to make sure but I wouldn't drive it like that especially hard.

6th Gear

Status
    thatll be the g450 then? they also need calibrating when fitted if that is indeed the problem. Youll need somebody local with VCDS or pm NHN to buy one :D
    NHN likes this.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Welcome to the site Abbie.

I wouldn't necessarily condemn the sensor until its been scanned, it could very well be this, but find someone local to you with vcds as advised above & go from there.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    If you want to buy anything in my classified ill scan your car for free when you collect :D

Is spamming my classifieds allowed?!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all - thanks for your replies. I had no choice but to drive my car to Scotland yesterday and after a good blast on motorway, no lights are now lit. Possiby gone away but not for long I am sure. Can anyone recommend a dpf removal service in Halifax/Leeds area?

Just to add to my woes, my a/c has now also stopped working - what a great drive back in this heat. No DPF lights but a visit to garage still required for an A/c service - never mind!

1st Gear

Status
    I think before you go down the removal route get it scanned. I had similar a couple of weeks ago and it was an intermitant fault with the sensor. New sensor fitted and calibrated, and lots cheaper then a dpf removal. I would only go that route if the dpf is totally gone.
    2009 ​Audi A4 2.0TDI S-Line (143)
    Fully registered VCDS in Portsmouth & surrounding areas , and fault scanning of other makes.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldoos View Post
    I think before you go down the removal route get it scanned. I had similar a couple of weeks ago and it was an intermitant fault with the sensor. New sensor fitted and calibrated, and lots cheaper then a dpf removal. I would only go that route if the dpf is totally gone.
    Thanks - looks like i need to get a full diagnostic after all. On an open trip to Leeds today, all lights re-appeared. What with limp mode and no air conditioning the car needs some help ! And it's only 4.5yrs old.

Any recommendations in Halifax/Leeds area - otherwise off to Audi I go!

Abbie

4th Gear

Status
    We're in Stockport if that's any use
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

Reverse Gear

Status
    If your DPF is on its way out its definatly a healthy reason to remove it. Do your research and find a reputable company whos done one before as its tricky to take the DPF off.

For me it was the best thing I did for performance and economy .