AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Brake calliper painting

2nd Gear

Status
    how the hell did you get in to get all the fine detail areas done. You have done a great job. What paint did you use? Was it the kit that comes with clear, paint and a brush?

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I used a fine brush. Wasn't too tricky. I have taken the wheels off in the past to paint calipers, but the amount of access I got from the alloy wheel spokes, I didn't need to take them off. I used the proper heat resistant brake caliper paint from Halfords. Worked a treat. I cleaned the calipers first then did a coat and left it 24hrs to dry and then applied the second coat.
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status
    I have no choice but to take my wheels off with them being the multispokes. Looking at yours I think i'm just going to go black, the red's not for me. Good job though.
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdubber1 View Post
    I have no choice but to take my wheels off with them being the multispokes. Looking at yours I think i'm just going to go black, the red's not for me. Good job though.
    For me the red does not do it. It's all down to personal taste though. I reckon they will look better with the SLine decals. I am hoping to get a full day on mine when i get onshore and get them done. Wheels off, clean, paint, decals and some clear lacquer. Will post them up when i do it honest......

5th Gear

Status
    The red does look better in the flesh but I don't know if its too much red what with the bodycolour being red. I did think about silver, but was wondering if the red would look even better with the decals applied, or should I just go for silver? hmm..........................
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

2nd Gear

Status
    Black car, black wheels and yellow brakes with black edition disks, I'm told its very gansta!, but the car is done in the murder style( everything black), would post a pic but admin wont let me yet, pm me if you want a photo though :-)
    Carl

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    I don't know if its too much red what with the bodycolour being red.
    This.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    This.
    Eh?

Neutral

Status
    The red does look better in the flesh but I don't know if its too much red what with the bodycolour being red. I did think about silver, but was wondering if the red would look even better with the decals applied, or should I just go for silver? hmm..........................
    Give it a few weeks see how you feel after that. I think silver may be a bit boring, however it's not my car ;-)

5th Gear

Status
    What do people think, too much red? Should I apply decals and see how they look?
    Or go Silver? Might need to order the black s line lettering as I dont know if the white lettering will stand out.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry but IMO this is a chavvy boy racer mod to a nice family car. I understand you wanted to tidy it up, but black would have been the way forward if it really needed doing............sorry.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    Sorry but IMO this is a chavvy boy racer mod to a nice family car. I understand you wanted to tidy it up, but black would have been the way forward if it really needed doing............sorry.
    Unfortunately I disagree. Calipers can become verydull and dirty and hard to clean up. However a nice coat of caliper paint tidies tem up nicely IMO. All down to personal taste. Have you any mods at all on your car?

1st Gear

Status
    Nope, it came from the dealer as I wanted it.

Like you say its all down to taste......personal or not

2nd Gear

Status
    Nope, it came from the dealer as I wanted it.

Like you say its all down to taste......personal or not
    Ah ha I note in your profile pic that you have the nice Audi S4 brakes. Some of us are not fortunate enough to have the brakes chavved for us by Audi before we get the car...... Audi S4 brakes look ace by the way.

1st Gear

Status
    LOL, Chavved by Audi, i love that.

5th Gear

Status
    i painted mine black, they were same colour as the car but looked crap, black looks ok, there not massive brakes so why shout about it. while i was there i cleaned and painted the arms just to be sure, next job will be painting the hub of the disc as it looks crap with patchy surface rust. and then get some stone chip spray or in a can and do the wheel wells, and if i can be bothered the underneath of the car,

5th Gear

Status
    Well thats what I was worrying about if the red did look abit chavy, but I have seen the standard red calipers on Renault Clio Sports and Octavia VRS's and they look good. If I had the car in Ibis white, the red would go really well, I just dont know if its too much on an already red car!. Black calipers would be invisible and silver might look abit better. Hmmmmm..........

1st Gear

Status
    Cars that come with red calipers from factory tend to be hot hatches and the like. An A4 saloon is not a particularly sporty car even in s line trim. I don't really think coloured calipers look at home on executive type cars unless they are proper big calipers like brembo Porsche ect.

I'll more than likely go for black, it may be dull and boring but more appropriate for the car IMO and I won't be adding decals either.

Its your car though and if that's what you like then go for it.
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    Eh?
    The bit I quoted.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

5th Gear

Status
    Right I've decided I'm going to go all silver. I did think about blue. What do people think?

1st Gear

Status
    Sliver will look nice and oem.
    B8 A4 Avant 2.7 V6 TDi S-line with extra's. 239bhp and 443lbft & my daily VW Caddy VR6

1st Gear

Status
    Silver will look better than blue for sure.

5th Gear

Status
    Silver it is then! I have the S line caliper stickers with white lettering but dont think it would stand out on the silver so might need to get the black lettering.

1st Gear

Status
    It would look really good with red lettering to match the car!!
    ScottishS3 likes this.
    B8 A4 Avant 2.7 V6 TDi S-line with extra's. 239bhp and 443lbft & my daily VW Caddy VR6

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyeman View Post
    It would look really good with red lettering to match the car!!
    Hmmmm....... Sounds good but I haven't seen any ones with red lettering.

1st Gear

Status
    See if you can get them made by the same people who make the black??

5th Gear

Status
    Worth a try I suppose!

2nd Gear

Status
    Worth a try I suppose!
    Go see Ronnie at
    'Designed Elgin' Designed Elgin | Facebook

He can cut you any decals you want. Great bloke. Tell him i sent you.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    Go see Ronnie at
    'Designed Elgin' Designed Elgin | Facebook

He can cut you any decals you want. Great bloke. Tell him i sent you.
    Will do mate! And I will see if he can wrap a spoiler in carbon fibre as well!!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Will do mate! And I will see if he can wrap a spoiler in carbon fibre as well!!!!
    Tell him Kev says get the kettle on Ronaldo!!! HE is open most days including saturdays.

5th Gear

Status
    Right, Im just going to paint my calipers. What do people think; Silver or Black?
    I have the white S line lettering and red badge caliper stickers to put on and I think the lettering would be lost on silver calipers unless I got some made up with a black outline around the white letters.
    Last edited by ScottishS3; 22nd July 2012 at 18:14.

1st Gear

Status
    Silver all the way for me.

I would get the lettering done in Black.

5th Gear

Status
    Just painted them Gloss Black. Hmmmm......still undecided.

1st Gear

Status
    I probably have gone black. Do you have pics with the stickers on?

5th Gear

Status
    Haven't put the stickers on yet as they need a second coat tomorrow.

2nd Gear

Status
    Well the fronts are done and I love the look. Any doubts about the blue are long gone now. The decals came up ace too.

Opinions gladly accepted.

1st Gear

Status
    Not for me im afraid.

6th Gear

Status
    stunning !
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    Sweet.

5th Gear

Status
    Different.......and I really like it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast