Chris NottEM Tuning
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    naughts4187's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11

    LED Number Plate Lights

    I recently bought some LED number plate lights, including holders and resistors from HIDS4U.co.uk to match my old BMW 3 Series, and they don't fit the Audi loom.

    Has anyone done this easy mod and where did they buy their bulbs or SMD holders from?

    Many thanks in advance.

    2011 Black Edition Avant 1.8TFSI
    Brilliant Red
    Milano Leather
    Tech Pack 2
    MMI High
    HD Sat Nav
    AMI
    Heated Seats
    B&O
    19" Rotor Arm Alloys

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37
    AUDI A3 A4 S3 Q7 TT NUMBER PLATE LIGHT LED BULB 239 C5W | eBay

    Do the job fine with no errors. Just make sure you clip them in right before pushing the unit back in. I didn't and one popped out and into the boot space. The rattle is driving me mad. If they dont light up at first, just swap the heads round as they have to be in the right way.

  4. #3
    redspudder's Avatar
    Sparky

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Posts
    365
    I bought similar lamps as those off ebay,i had a right nightmare removing the holders from the boot infact i buggered 1 with a scredriver as i wasnt removing them in the correct way you need to push in one direction and pull at the same time if that makes sense!
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

  5. #4
    naughts4187's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by eno394 View Post
    AUDI A3 A4 S3 Q7 TT NUMBER PLATE LIGHT LED BULB 239 C5W | eBay

    Do the job fine with no errors. Just make sure you clip them in right before pushing the unit back in. I didn't and one popped out and into the boot space. The rattle is driving me mad. If they dont light up at first, just swap the heads round as they have to be in the right way.

    Thanks mate that's a great help. I've ordered some.

    Many thanks

    2011 Black Edition Avant 1.8TFSI
    Brilliant Red
    Milano Leather
    Tech Pack 2
    MMI High
    HD Sat Nav
    AMI
    Heated Seats
    B&O
    19" Rotor Arm Alloys

  6. #5
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    350
    Note that the listing is for ONE bulb, despite both images showing 2 bulbs. A bit misleading!

  7. #6
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wellingborough
    Posts
    1,174
    i can supply you bulbs for the plate, i do a 2 led canbus bulb for £7 posted.

    i can also get you the Audi OEM led light unit they have in the A7's with the adaptor wiring for £42. i know it sounds a lot but it has that OEM touch.

    i can get pictures up if you want?

    Trups
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks


    Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

    EM Tuning Lighting.

  8. #7
    Graham89's Avatar
    Derv Perv

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafi View Post
    Note that the listing is for ONE bulb, despite both images showing 2 bulbs. A bit misleading!
    It says it's 1 box containing 2 bulbs in the description.



  9. #8
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham89 View Post
    It says it's 1 box containing 2 bulbs in the description.
    How confusing..... the main body of the text reads
    This auction is for a single 39mm Festoon
    Interior LED light bulb, also known as C5W, 239, 254 or SV8,5 festoon

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    i can supply you bulbs for the plate, i do a 2 led canbus bulb for £7 posted.

    i can also get you the Audi OEM led light unit they have in the A7's with the adaptor wiring for £42. i know it sounds a lot but it has that OEM touch.

    i can get pictures up if you want?

    Trups
    I'll have a pair of them. Do you have interior bulbs (led) to?

    Stuy

  11. #10
    RONADOR's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    33
    Hi,I've just fitted led bulbs in my61 a3 which work but there is a light bulb with a cross.any one else had this ? They worked fine without warning light in my 06

  12. #11
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wellingborough
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by l5tuy View Post
    I'll have a pair of them. Do you have interior bulbs (led) to?

    Stuy
    i can supply you the interior too if you like

    Trups
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks


    Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

    EM Tuning Lighting.

  13. #12
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wellingborough
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by RONADOR View Post
    Hi,I've just fitted led bulbs in my61 a3 which work but there is a light bulb with a cross.any one else had this ? They worked fine without warning light in my 06 ������
    on the 8p3 Audi an LED wont work in here.

    i got halogen ice white bulbs that will work error free.
    SLOW REPLIES BETWEEN 22nd - 30th June due to been out the office, please bare with me. Thanks


    Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

    EM Tuning Lighting.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Number Plate LED Lights - Problems!
    By MattyW19 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17th September 2011, 12:48
  2. Number Plate LED Lights
    By andyam in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th January 2011, 01:11
  3. led number plate lights
    By mitch_h_88 in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29th October 2010, 22:50
  4. led number plate lights
    By AARON77 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th April 2010, 13:40
  5. LED number plate Lights....help!!!!
    By V16 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27th March 2010, 21:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO