Battery Protection/Start everytime?

AshD

Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question. I have a A4 B7 55 plate 2.0 Tdi Mutlitronic...

I was wondering, does the car stop the battery from dying? For example, the 05 206 that we have goes into eco mode to prevent the battery dying and meaning the car will start every time.

Does the Audi have the same feature? I want to use the stereo with the car off but i'm scared it will flatten the battery and it being a auto, theres no bump starting :/

Thanks for all replies

Ash

Does no-one know :S ? Surely, it must be a well known fact!?

your car stereo will use very very little energy from your battery unless you have it cranked right up. its stuff like head lights and that type of thing that will rapidly drain your battery.

however i wouldnt recomend having your stereo on for long periods of time, ie hours.

outside temp can also affect this, cold temperatures can kill weak batteries

My main issue is when i'm installing amp's and so on. My 206 has a amp and therefore uses the battery much much more. Therefore, it runs about 30 mins before the cars needs starting to continue listening.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to be cautious :/

i can vouch for this that audi do not have this.. i had my speed camera detector with radar connected radar used v.little power but two weeks being on holiday and flat battery :-(