Cabriolet Roof Operation

irnbru

Reaction score
As I said in another thread I got my approved used cab which is under warranty yesterday. When I first got it I tried the roof and it went down fine.

Since then I've tried it twice and both times the roof goes down but at the final point when the metal cover is about to close in place and the hood is stowed, it doesn't quite close and remains open slightly by a couple of inches. Now in fairness it was slightly below freezing both times (-2) but I thought it would still work. If I manually push it down another inch it is fully closes over but obviously I don't want to do that. The roof goes back up into place perfectly so...

* Shoud I be worried? :sadlike:

* Should the roof work below freezing or is it a stupid thing to try?

* Is it because of frost on the roof making it too thick when the roof is folded?

* Should I race down to the nearest audi garage and demand repairs?

* Am I being impatient at the last bit just takes a fair bit of time? I didn't want to burn out the motors trying for too long.

For information the roof stowing box in the boot was dropped as it should be.

The frost won't help! My 57 plate cab had to have roof position sensors replaced because ut kept stopping half way up. Looked like a yacht:yes:

could well be the forst, but could also be a number of other things! the amount of sensors etc is amazing but you may also be being a little impatient.....if you look at the clocks when you press the button to open/close the roof it will show a yellow icon which remains lit until the roof is fully open/closed, do not release the button until the light has gone out as this shows that it has completed the operation correctly :)

Ok panic averted. The roof works fine. I had it down at the weekend. It must have just been frost on the roof.

Cheers