Talk to me about...A4 S-Line Avant (TDi's)

Dunc2610

Reaction score
Hi guys, following on from my thread in the B6 section, i'd like to know about the B7 S-line. What kind of kit does it have as standard, most common options, what it doesn't have but can be installed after market (cruise control etc). Do they have auto lights/wipers etc etc. Also, how to tell difference between the full trip computer and the not so full trip computer?

Would be looking at a 2.0tdi with a budget of about £10k possibly.

Cheers for any input...
Dunc

The S-line has sports seats, s-line body kit, 3 spoke steering wheel (multifunction from 2006), sport gear knob, usually 18" 5 spoke wheels, lower suspension and only has miles to empty on the red DIS. I've no idea of most common options mine has black headlining, leather and aluminium trim. You can retrofit the full red di giving average mpg time etc, multifunction wheel, cruise, Rns-e (sat nav).

I don't think there was ever an option for auto wipers, there was for auto lights but if you get xenon's then they probably have them.

And there are three trip computers, One colour one which is the best but only there if sat nav was on it from the factory has a switch on the right stalk to change what the screen says, full red dis has the stalk as well but is just red and yellow, and s-line standard dis only displays miles to empty and has no switch.

Sorry I've no idea on prices hope that cleared it up a bit.

Cheers, J, thats cracking :) I'm a gadget tart but like the sports looks and drive. think i'll end up having to do some retrofitting unless i'm VERY lucky!!

More questions, just looking at s-lines currently for sale on A-trader, most don't have the full DIS, only the miles to fill up, how expensive is it to upgrade aftermarket to the full DIS (not inc sat nav etc)?

The stalk is about £60/65, you will have to wire in a low washer fluid sensor or ground it somewhere, and get it coded with VCDS/Vag-com (someone near you could do this for some beer tokens maybe) I retrofitted cruise control at the same time. It not a difficult mod to do but I wouldn't bother doing it unless you really wanted it or you were installing the cruise control too.

Is it just the stalk thats different then J? (and the programming of course!!)

Trying to figure out what i could live without...computer and cruise i think are must haves for me.

Yeah I'm pretty sure its only the stalk for the Dis, but only for the full red dis, if you want colour that's a whole new cluster. Yeah cruise was a must have for me too so I threw in the new stalk while I was at it for the Dis.
Have a check here about the DIS http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=71304

And if you do a search there should be a good bit about the cruise, and if the car hasn't got a multifunction wheel you will need a new expensive steering wheel controller for it (only the cruise needs it) to work.

I'm guessing any car with a Multi function wheel has cruise? Think i'll have to be VERY patient in finding the car i want, basically an s-line with cruise and full (red) DIS.

No I think most S-lines won't have even if they have the MFSW or not. But the cruise retrofit is easier and cheaper if the car has a MFSW. If I was in your position i would find the S-line you want and then add the cruise and Dis yourself or these guys have a good reputation http://www.vwcruise.com/

How technical does it get fitting cruise/DIS i've done car stereo installation before but thats usually as technical as i like to get.

I had never done any wiring before but i followed a guide that was on a site but it got taken down. It wasn't that difficult I just took my time and made sure it was right, there is a thread on it here http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a4-s4-cabrio/68576-retro-fitting-dis-cruise-a4-b6.html
It explains the install process somewhere! There is only one wire to install to ground the washer fluid sensor. the rest is coding and installing the two stalks, and the new lower cowling.