swapped my B6 for a B7

ultramodz

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE
Reaction score
Website
www.mattstevens.co.uk
pick it up on tuesday - can't wait!

So its bye bye to the 53 plate 2.0 FSi Sport (Moro Blue/Black leather/17" 5-spokes/USP kit/armrest/etc)...

...and hello to the 06 plate 2.0T FSi S-Line Special Edition!

It seems like such a minor point but looking forward to having electric rear windows lol

My new ride:
http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=501826851

My plans for it are:
- remove the amber front indicator lenses
- 19" RS6 or B7 RS4 reps
- lower it a bit
- 100mm exhaust tips (ideally i'll get a Milltek system)
- maybe tint the windows a touch
- chrome door mirror cases

I've spent a large chunk of my house deposit savings on it but sod it - I'll just have to make more money!

That looks lovely, and it must be a good bit faster than your old car. Well wear

right... got it :)

Walton Audi were very good. there's a bit of a scuff on the roof i only noticed when getting into the car & so they're going to sort it this week for me. i've also asked about swapping the headlights for 07 spec & they're going to let me know how much it might be.

was loving the drive back to work :)

Ultramodz

That's exactly what I've got, even to the colour.

Just check my earlier post about the ECU mod that Audi do at the first service.

steve w said:
Ultramodz

That's exactly what I've got, even to the colour.

Just check my earlier post about the ECU mod that Audi do at the first service.

Snap ;)

I had a look at your post, and as I've not driven it before they applied this, I have no point of reference?!

I didn't realise the DTM alloys made it a Special Edition . . . . . .They are just an option . . . . Still, a very nice car though. CONGRATS

Ultramodz

Fair point. As I've had mine from new, I could tell the difference straight away.

I would be grateful if you could check with your dealer if the mod has been done. As I understand it, it is aimed specifically at the 2.0 T FSI.

Have you had the first service yet? Mine was due at 15k and that was when they changed the mapping.

Thanks.

ah i see... well i've not had it in for the first service and its just on 14500 now, so i shall check if its due. will defo ask if its gotta go in.

cheers.

Had mine from new and not been serviced yet - am I within rights to tell them not to change the mapping??

I seem to be mounting a one man campaign with Audi customer services, which I really don't want to do!

The dealer is very sympathetic but will not reverse the mod. I have sent a number of letters to HQ but have only received acknowledgements to date.

It seems that there have been a number of claims for broken clutches and this is a measure to counter it as it prevents a rapid pull away and makes the revs 'hang' when changing gear.

I have repeatedly stated that I will happily sign any disclaimer in the unlikely event of damaging my clutch if they reverse the mod. I think given the years of saving for it and it is for private and personal use, that seems a fairly safe bet.

They have reversed it for S line diesels due to complaints from customers.

If I have it done via a chip company, I invalidate my warranty etc etc.

Any information on this would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Hope more petrol customers complain before my first service!

Well, I'll keep plugging away. I just want my 'old' car back.

No harm in you checking beforehand - forewarned and all that. They might defer it.

Looks good in red, if that's yours.

fair enough - i'll ask at the dealers next time i'm up there... it may have already been done.

i think i know what u mean coz my old B6 used to over-rev i thought. maybe it was meant to?!

Guess I fecked up the quote thingy there! Need more practice.

i've had a look & it seem the first services as already been done on my car - next one in 460 days?!

if u took it to someone with VAG-COM, u may be able to roll back the changes?

This thread is now way off the orginal subject, so apologies for that.

After many attempts to get through to Audi customer services, they tell me that I should have contacted the dealer. The dealer has told me that they cannot do anything, and I should contact customer services. So I'm stuck in the middle and getting ever more disillusioned.

I don't think they will reverse the modification under any circumstances and no amount of letter writing or phoning is going to change that.

It would seem that my options are to chip it or sell it. At the moment, I feel like doing the latter, but then I am feeling a bit annoyed at the moment by the lack of accountability.

Rant over...!

Sounds like you've got yourself a good car. I bought mine from new in October 2006 and it's the best car I've ever owned. Have the privacy glass done from the B pillar back - it looks so much better than the boggo cars and goes nicely with the colour - and keep an eye on the oil level, they do like a drop. Only gripe so far is the tyre wear. Just had the fronts changed at 9,800 miles - Conti Sport Contacts - seem to be like putty but they do provide good grip. The dealer said I'd done well for them to last that long! Glad I took out the fixed service contract so they changed them without question.
Enjoy.

yeah i'm very pleased with it. just had it back in the dealership to sort a few scratches on the roof that i noticed when i bought it. they gave me an S-Line 57 plate Avant TDi & ****** hell those things are noisy!

My B6 was an FSi & drank quite a bit of oil - so i'll be checking that on a regular basis.

As for the tints - i really don't like the b-pillar back look on a saloon. i want to get the windows tinted so will probably go for a light smoke all round apart from the rear screen which will be medium smoke. not sure yet - don't want to go too dark (because of the law) but from the US pics i've seen, the tints set the car off. i'll see what i can get away with :)

i've got some 07-spec headlights to go on, which i found on eBay to sort the clear corners out & also have a pair of in-Pro chrome mirror cases ready to go on... will try to get the mirrors done tonight & the lights done on saturday/sunday