r32 front seats into a4 avant

wigandill

Reaction score
Basiclly as title suggests, i have some r32 konig heated leather front buckets and would like to fit these into my avant (yes the r logo will be going when they are fitted up proper)
i imagine i will have to cut weld and modify both seats subframes to work but was just wondering has anyone done this before and if so whats the best way to go about the job.
To mike life easier i have a old set of mk4 golf recaro's( Same subframe base as r32 i imagine) so could cut these first as trial and error but only have one pair of a4 subframes

Last edited:
sorry about that, ive now edited it so its easier to read lol,

My thoughts are that the r32 seats should like preety good in the a4 if i can get them in lol (were there is a will there is a wap i suppose)

Me neither. If the OP cannot put in the effort, why should the rest of us?

Reactions: GeoffDunk
sorry about that, ive now edited it so its easier to read lol,
My thoughts are that the r32 seats should like preety good in the a4 if i can get them in lol (were there is a will there is a wap i suppose)
------------------------------------

ASN B7 Thread unofficially translated -

Sorry about that, I've now edited it so it's easier to read. My thoughts are that the R32 seats should look pretty good in the A4 -if I can get them in. Where there's a will, there's a way, I suppose?

Didnt think a a+ in english was needed two be a member here, ill have them in by the weekend

Didnt think a a+ in english was needed two be a member here, ill have them in by the weekend
It isn't. It's just that threads are so much easier to read - and therefore likely to get helpful responses - if a basic level of spelling, grammar and punctuation is used. Like I said, if the original poster can't be bothered to put in the effort, why should anyone else?

Good luck with the seat install; hope it goes well.

Well i have the base's preety much sorted. And i also beleive i have to remove a presure sensor from under my passenger seat cushion and re-fit under the r32 seat cushion for part of the airbag system. What im wondering is will the top part of tge airbag system (yellow plug) b compatible with the a4 aslong as the wires are swapped round correctly. I think both have three wires

slight update on my findings,
both the a4 leather seats( my standard ones) and the r32 seats both have a three pin yellow airbag plug and both have the same colour wiring, so i am hoping that i should be able to join the coloured wires togeather with each other and that the airbag system should work as normal.
After i have removed and re-fitted the preasure sensor in the passenger seat.

My head is starting to hurt trying to think of all this now lol

Well i have the base's preety much sorted. And i also beleive i have to remove a presure sensor from under my passenger seat cushion and re-fit under the r32 seat cushion for part of the airbag system. What im wondering is will the top part of tge airbag system (yellow plug) b compatible with the a4 aslong as the wires are swapped round correctly. I think both have three wires

good to hear man, never seen anyone use the konig buckets in an a4 before should look well smart

Seen these yesterday in a 05 plate passatt estate, look really nice

hmmm i may be talking out my rear but are passat floor pans not the same as mk4's, if so i imaginge they were plug and play for him, dont have any links do you.

Pictures when finished?

Will do, with some luck and the use of my spare time i do hope to have them fitted by the weekend. with no airbag light on haha (this is the harder part i think)

good to hear man, never seen anyone use the konig buckets in an a4 before should look well smart

with a bit of luck and once the r logo has been removed, need to get them in first lol, i figured it would be diffrent to fit the konig's as every man and his dog seems to be fitting rs4 buckets, plus there well freeking expensive

hmmm i may be talking out my rear but are passat floor pans not the same as mk4's, if so i imaginge they were plug and play for him, dont have any links do you.

Sorry bud, he was sat in traffic as i walked past, me been me, i knocked on his window for a better look, but yeh they are the same as the MK4's

with a bit of luck and once the r logo has been removed, need to get them in first lol, i figured it would be diffrent to fit the konig's as every man and his dog seems to be fitting rs4 buckets, plus there well freeking expensive

good stuff sure they will look good mate, yeah deffo good to see sumut different like ya say rs4 seats are everywere and the price is actually unreal for what they are

Well little update, one seat is near enuff in the car, just need to make the frame sit a little lower and test fit again. then once im completely happy with were the seat is sitting ill weld it all up and put a few extra brace's on.

First impressions are they look good but cant see through the front window properley as its peeing down and my batterys disconnected

Well little update, one seat is near enuff in the car, just need to make the frame sit a little lower and test fit again. then once im completely happy with were the seat is sitting ill weld it all up and put a few extra brace's on.

First impressions are they look good but cant see through the front window properley as its peeing down and my batterys disconnected

Get some pics on bud!

i would mate but only got a crap phone at the mo, broke the screen on mine helping a freind fit his coilovers
your more than welcome to pop up later and look, even lend a hand hahaa oj

Hhahaha nice try bud!

To be honest i would of come straight over after work if mine wasnt sat outside me house in bits lol

god loves a tryer pmsl.
just had another quick play with the seat rails whilst eating my dinner, moved the bar forward and cleaned up all welding spots, now just need to get the bottom rail sitting 100% square and remove alittle more metal from the bottom of the R seat, re-position and weld the thing up :) with some luck 1 seat will be in tonight.
Not looking forward to the passenger seat tho with the pressure sensor under the sponge

Reactions: D2NY G and ruffrida
Well i now have one seat in the car, Airbags are all wired up and no fault codes :), only problem is i still feel the seats are sitting to high and i cannot go any lower with them as the pump action height adjustment thing is catching the runners. so my dilema is should i loose that to get the seats to go lower or not, i did want to keep it so everything was factorry but might not be the case to get the seat sitting just right

I don't know if this would work with your seats but on a previous car I felt the seat would not go low enough so I stretched the springs in the seat base out a little. It didn't take that much to make a noticeable difference.

I dont think the r seats have springs underneith mate, im thinking my only option is remove the height adjustment mechanism which will allowe me two set the seat exactly were i like it n weld it solid but would of preferd to keep it

Well heres a few pics with the drivers seat done, had two remove the height adjuster but now have it sat were i want it, will hopefully get the other one done in the week. Need two remove the presure sensor from the passenger seat and fit into the r32 seat ive already stripped apart
The leather is alittle worn on the r 32 seats but i plan on having them re trimmed in matching grey and black leather as the other seats

20140511_200330_zps4d80ad00.jpg

20140511_200341_zpsa766ec78.jpg

Reactions: DieselJake
Will also get the r logo removed when there re trimmed, undecided on weather to get audi rings in its place or not, once both seata are in i need to extend the plaatic trim around the bottom sligtly, and then get it sprayed the same colour as my car

Reactions: DieselJake
well today i have a little bit of progress to report ( been very very busy with work so finding seat time is hard)
I have removed the passenger seat from my car and stripped it apart to remove the senor, upon removing the sensor is completely diffrent to ones i have seen pictured and from what i was told to expect, basicaly its a flat peice of plastic with a few wires here and there, so i should easily be able to find a home for it in the r32 seats.
Tonight i hope to get the pasenger seat mounted and welded up onto the runners and fitted to the car, i plan on doing the passenger seat a diffrent way in the hope it can go just slightly lower, if all works and it does sit lower and im happy with it i am going to but ( already bidding) a cloth a4 drivers seat, cut the runners and re-do the drivers side the way i do the passengers, dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the drivers seat, just i personally would like it 20mm lower

Reactions: ruffrida
well another small update, the passenger seat pressure sensor is now fitted up into the sponge on the r32 seat :) with a bit of luck i will have the thing in tonight with a view of having it done and sound by tommorro evening, i can the purchase another cheap drivers seat and just slightly re-do the base

Concluison MY HEAD HURTS Note to self next time flog the r32 seats for a profit and buy some s4 or rs4's :wacko:

Concluison MY HEAD HURTS Note to self next time flog the r32 seats for a profit and buy some s4 or rs4's :wacko:

Should be some form of resistor for the seats (probably eBay). Lookin' good so far though and even better with your plans, rs4's do look better but for the extra cash and chance of having them nicked your probably just as well with what you've got.

Should be some form of resistor for the seats (probably eBay). Lookin' good so far though and even better with your plans, rs4's do look better but for the extra cash and chance of having them nicked your probably just as well with what you've got.

ive managed to get the airbags and all related sensors ect wired up and working mate so no need for resistors:) no fault codes either. im hoping they will look diffrent and real nice once they get re-trimmed. hopefully in the next few week if i can get squeezed in