Audi MMI radio tuning

Boombastik

Reaction score
I have the MMI system in my S4 and the radio is basically lost tuning thru all stations
the signal meter at the bottom gives me 5 bars and yet the radio stations still dont tune in worth a ****

any one got any ideas ?

Signal bars, those at the bottom are for the Bluetooth phone connection, not radio reception.

Is it a cab by any chance?

i thought they might have had something to do with radio signal, no its a saloon

could be the aerial amp ?

Yeah was my next port of call the amp & as its a saloon its iirc, above the trim that sits at the top of the rear screen.

BTW the B7 doesn't have MMI.

Yes I know the RNS-E says MMI at startup but that's an idiotic decision by a mad marketing buffoon at Audi that has caused people to spend £200+ on the wrong map DVDs because they think they've got MMI.

The RNS-E and MMI have absolutely nothing in common - different hardware, different software, different maps, ...

Got an update for this. I bought keys to pull the radio out and I've found the Ariel connection on the head unit to be loose I took the back plate off and it looks like the soldered spades have broke away from the circuit board. So if I hold the Ariel cable up the radio works fine

Well either needs repairing or replacing, we can look at either option, but I can assure it wouldn't be a cheap fix if its broken the pcb track, possibly new board.

i'll whip out the head unit one night this week and i'll take some pics of it to show you, if you think it could be repaired would i be able to post it to you for the repair ?

any idea on the price of a replacemnt unit

You can post yes, but depending on the level of damage, it sometimes is better to change for replacement unit.

Costs vary tbh, as they are mk1 & mk2 units.

Send pics & we can have a look, but only a personal inspection would allow a proper analysis for costs.

Well that's definitely been knocked as the plastic housing is broken aswell.

It needs properly inspecting tbh, so up to you how you want to go forward.