AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jdp1962
  • 1 Post By jdp1962

Thread: Tints tomorrow

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Tints tomorrow

Now that I'm no longer going to be buying LED tailights, the car is booked into Kevlon Autofilm in Bexley to have tints fitted first thing tomorrow.

I've used the guy before and his work is really first class. The price is £175 for the rear doors, quarter-lights and rear window. Plus, for an extra £20, he will tint the top of the windscreen to obscure the DAB aerial, auto-dim mirror cables and mounts, which are a bit unsightly in bright sunshine.

A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Looking forward to seeing the results.....just don't go all drug dealer / hearse mega tint on us!

That's a pretty good price too....best I can do up here is 300quid and that's a nixer too! :-(

BR
    A

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the results.....just don't go all drug dealer / hearse mega tint on us!
    Hahah! Don't worry; no drug dealers here. This is a nice gentle tint to keep the back seat cool and private.

Here's how it looked on my B6.

Macdoon and Molnboman like this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ESD1711 On Twitter Visit ESD1711's Instagram Channel
    Very good price indeed! What kinda tint are you going for?

Tints are coming from next months pay for me, I've been somewhat undecided on whether to go with a sun strip or not - have done in the past but not sure whether the A4 will suit it. Be interested to see how yours looks.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ESD1711 View Post
    Very good price indeed! What kinda tint are you going for?

Tints are coming from next months pay for me, I've been somewhat undecided on whether to go with a sun strip or not - have done in the past but not sure whether the A4 will suit it. Be interested to see how yours looks.
    My B6 did have a sunstrip. I'll see if I can dig out a pic showing it.

Status
    Post pics up tmrw Jeff so we can all see how it looks. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Here's the sunstrip on my B6. Of course, it was OEM, so the tint was graduated.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Post pics up tmrw Jeff so we can all see how it looks. x
    Camera battery is on charge as I write this.

Avantee

Status
    Look forward to seeing results Jeff, what shade you going for? I had 20% done last month and think they're spot on. Sun strip will be a nice touch too

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    Look forward to seeing results Jeff, what shade you going for? I had 20% done last month and think they're spot on. Sun strip will be a nice touch too
    Not sure what the percentage is (will check tomorrow) but it'll be the same shade as on the silver B6 in the pics earlier in the thread.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Now that I'm no longer going to be buying LED tailights, the car is booked into Kevlon Autofilm in Bexley to have tints fitted first thing tomorrow.

I've used the guy before and his work is really first class. The price is £175 for the rear doors, quarter-lights and rear window. Plus, for an extra £20, he will tint the top of the windscreen to obscure the DAB aerial, auto-dim mirror cables and mounts, which are a bit unsightly in bright sunshine.

Hey mate, what's the lens for top left of your rear view mirror?
    2007 Dolphin Grey B7 Avant 1.9 115 S Line

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Clooney View Post
    Hey mate, what's the lens for top left of your rear view mirror?
    it's an on-board camera. It records everything that happens in front of me, with sound, speed and GPS data. Dead handy for the police or insurance company if I'm ever in a dispute over who did what in a prang. It's called a Blackvue DR 380 HD, and it's supplied by one of our forum sponsors. Send a PM to Cruiser89 and he'll tell you everything you need to know.

Status
    Camera battery is on charge as I write this.
    Thank you jeff. x

Neutral

Status
    Cool, heard of a lot of guys running these in trucks now too, along with a camera facing the drivers.
    Do you get a reduction in your insurance premium for having these fitted?
    2007 Dolphin Grey B7 Avant 1.9 115 S Line

2nd Gear

Status
    Honestly think I'm one of the few people who really dislikes tints, I just don't like the difference between the front and rear windows. Its maybe as I'm from Scotland so rarely see the sun anyway!!

1st Gear

Status

Kev always does a first class job, just watch the parking there :-? Tell him Mike the dent man says hi ;-)
    Ask admin to advertise here

Reverse Gear

Status
    Got my b6 tinted today. €140.00 for a medium tint on the all the rear windows. I like the privacy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
    Kev always does a first class job, just watch the parking there :-? Tell him Mike the dent man says hi ;-)
    Hahah! Will do.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ajax1976 View Post
    Honestly think I'm one of the few people who really dislikes tints, I just don't like the difference between the front and rear windows. Its maybe as I'm from Scotland so rarely see the sun anyway!!
    you need to move over to the west coast then, we get some really good sun, sometimes, lol. x

5th Gear

Status
    Had my old my Fast Pig and my Soccer Mom's bus both done with 30's ( I think ).....that was just right in my mind.

5730_102327892691_7441666_n.jpg

Last edited by Molnboman; 7th May 2013 at 22:25.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
    Kev says hi back. He also says you've moved to the Dark Side and changed from an Audi to a BMW!
    Sandra likes this.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Does this guy actually remove the windows and bake them?!

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Does this guy actually remove the windows and bake them?!
    I don't think he takes the windows out, no. But he does heat-treat them to help bond the film to the glass. It's all completed, and the car is sitting on the drive in the sun to aid final drying out and curing. I'll take pics later.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    I don't think he takes the windows out, no. But he does heat-treat them to help bond the film to the glass. It's all completed, and the car is sitting on the drive in the sun to aid final drying out and curing. I'll take pics later.
    Reason I ask is I read this off his website...

Yes….we take windows out and bake them…. when you collect your car you will be able to wind the windows up and down immediately !

Never heard of anyone doing so, was just intruigued as I know Elite Car Care remove door cards and trim but never known anyone to remove the actual glass!

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Reason I ask is I read this off his website...

Yes….we take windows out and bake them…. when you collect your car you will be able to wind the windows up and down immediately !

Never heard of anyone doing so, was just intruigued as I know Elite Car Care remove door cards and trim but never known anyone to remove the actual glass!

Well, I could be wrong; I never asked him. Give him a call.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Clooney View Post
    Cool, heard of a lot of guys running these in trucks now too, along with a camera facing the drivers.
    Do you get a reduction in your insurance premium for having these fitted?
    Sorry, Joe, missed this yesterday. I haven't asked the insurance co. Maybe I should.

1st Gear

Status
    Kev says hi back. He also says you've moved to the Dark Side and changed from an Audi to a BMW!
    Yeah, I did but not for long, back on the right side now

All my cars had the glass removed including the ones Kev did. I believe he bakes under a heat lamp.

I watched my Wife's Freelander being done and saw all the glass come out that isn't bonded in, including the rear door fixed panes and the tailgate window, very impressive, although Kev didn't do this one, he did remove the glass in my 8L some years ago.
    Ask admin to advertise here