Help some advise

Dan new

Reaction score
Owned an audi for a week and stressed already. It's a 2.0 tdi a4 first off on initial start up it starts up ruff as in lack of fuel or air for a few a second only then I get a feeling of harsh rocking side to side once revved its goes but as soon as I stop its back I can feel it through the car vibrations that is. It's not misfiring . ??? Secondly when driving and selecting 3rd gear I feel a ruff crush like click on gear stick only pedal feels fine saying that it is jerky gearing up or down or could just be me learning its drive. ? It's done 129000 millage.... any advise is great full ? Thanks

Am no expert Mate but sounds like your dual mass flywheel might be chucking it. Does it vibrate worse in first and second gear and then goes away as revs pick up?...Take it to a good independent dealer for second opinion and who can run a diagnostic test on it. Didn't you notice this when you took it for a test drive?

Cheers
A

No it drove fine but noticed the engine vibrating on idle and the seller said it was an engine mount but its defo no that this seem internal. I will take if for a diag thanks for your reply

Sorry Mate but sounds like the DMF to me .....I only hope I am wrong and is an engine mount or something cheaper. If it's the DMF, the the bloke you bought it from needs a damn good thrashin' and clearly knew what was wrong with the car when he sold it to you.

Get it checked out first....and keep us posted how you get on.

Keep my fingers crossed.
BR
A

Yeah I know I feel like driving it through his showroom window. Thank you for your info

Oh, so you bought it from a dealer?....you should have some comeback at least. I thought you had bought it privately Take it straight back to them and tell him it's not fit for purpose and that it's pile of sh*t! That should start the conversation going quite nicely! :yes: Joking aside, I would be pointing out the cars faults and ask him what he intends to do about it.

Good Luck
A

I will get on to him he's an audi Specalist who had a show hall of audi motors. So that's what gave me reassurance it's a decent car but you saying the flywheel makes sense, some one mentioned injectors but I'd thought it would miss fire or smoke ? Il get a audi Specalist to look it over then hit him with it .

so hes an audi specalist
and you bought a car with a dodgey engine mount ?

Audi Specalist as in that's all he had and sold, he must of took this it in as a part exchange, as I said the car drives fine. I did notice the engine had a side to side shake and mentioned it, but he reassured diesel do run heavy or its a possible mount which I know are sort of easy to do and I got a family member in the fast fit industry so I wasn't to bothered, but the more I drive it I've noticed the above issues. Yeah it might seem silly to part with my money and buy a car with a dodgy mount it was at a good price to