EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LED Ambient Light Unit fitted

Grumpy Old Man

Status

LED Ambient Light Unit fitted

I ordered this yesterday, and have just fitted it myself, using this guide.

Even for a fumbling sausage-fingered retard like me, this was incredibly easy to do. The only thing different about mine compared with the guide is that mine had a telephone prep/bluetooth microphone attached to the light cover. The wire for this easily unclips from the light cluster, so I didn't have to drill the holes with the cover dangling from the roof!

Thanks to Tiffy for the idea, and to Bez for guidance.

I'll take a pic later, when it's dark, and show the effect.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 6th March 2013 at 16:40.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice one Buddy....i need to get to the dealers to get mine ordered........I bet you cant wait till its dark so you can have a look...lol
    2007 Audi A4 B7 S-Line Avant 170 TDi Special "Black" Edition
    Genuine 19" x 9 Bentley GTC 5 Spokes
    Full Interior LED Light upgrade
    Ambiant "Submarine" Interior lighting
    Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter
    LED rear NumberPlate Upgrade
    Headlight, Fog Light and Side Light White Light Upgrades
    Eibach SportLine Springs 50/40
    Privacy Glass

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffy View Post
    Nice one Buddy....i need to get to the dealers to get mine ordered........I bet you cant wait till its dark so you can have a look...lol
    I'm also waiting for my digital camera battery to re-charge.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Here's a pic. Sorry it's blurred, but it needed a long exposure.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hiya, Excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain what this actually does? Is it when you turn the side/head lights on there is an ambient light on all the time? And in your picture there is a red Led reflection in the bottom right hand corner of the gearbox is that it? Is the Led light red then?
    Thanks RJ

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ44 View Post
    Hiya, Excuse my ignorance but can anyone explain what this actually does? Is it when you turn the side/head lights on there is an ambient light on all the time? And in your picture there is a red Led reflection in the bottom right hand corner of the gearbox is that it? Is the Led light red then?
    Thanks RJ
    That's pretty much what it does, yes. It bathes the centre console in a red glow that the picture doesn't really do justice to.

2nd Gear

Status
    Is it a nice glow Jeff????.....
    Privacy Glass

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffy View Post
    Is it a nice glow Jeff????.....
    Mmmmmm...........:-)

2nd Gear

Status
    Loved and missed this feature when I had it in my golf. Visit to dealer tomorrow me thinks!!!

Avantee

Status
    Did u drill 5 or 7mm Jeff?

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

2nd Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    Drill to the lip mate, that's what I was told and what I did.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    I drilled to 5mm, cos that was the biggest bit I have with my re-chargeable drill. I'm about to order some white LEDs from T8ups for my interior lights, so when i fit them, I'll get a bigger bit, and drill them holes out a wee bit further.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ajax1976 View Post
    Loved and missed this feature when I had it in my golf. Visit to dealer tomorrow me thinks!!!
    Part no. is 8E0919063A.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Looking good Jeff. I had this as standard with my car. Anybody on here done this on the rear map lights? Would love to see how it looks.

Azeem

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

4th Gear

Status
    Find terrorist balaclava and put on if you wish to jump out with a drill and scare your wife/girlfriend/mother.
    Which did you go for Jeff?

Looking good. Nice job.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    iv done a few rear lights
    quite easy to do just need a bit of glue to set them in

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    im gona try to add them to the cab next week

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    Which did you go for Jeff?
    The you-know-what for brains neighbour.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    I have a feeling my rear light cluster is different from that.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you may have the clear plastic 1
    you can pick these up for a tenner from the bay .

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Yep; mine is all-clear.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Hi, Bez, I've found what looks like the right part on Ebay, but it says it's from a B6. Here it is; do you think it will fit a B7 saloon?

2nd Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Yep; mine is all-clear.
    Mine too.

Think I like the black one better too!!!!

Another one on the list.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    thats the 1 you need
    i just found it for you aswell.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    there is a guide for doing the fit knocking around
    its not marked on the inside like the front ones
    just get some hot glue and iv always used 5mm front and back.
    just think it looks better than the 7mm,

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Thanks for that. I'm not sure it's the right colour though. It's difficult to tell, but I think that might be too light.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    im sure they only did grey and soul
    for the roof parts

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    looking again it may be gray as its from thr b6
    paint it

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    looking again it may be gray as its from thr b6
    paint it
    Yupo; I could do that like I did the armrest.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Looks quite good. I wonder what the effect is from the light at night. Also where are people getting the LEDs from or they just using any red ones? I have the same unit as pictured except in grey (wish I had black headlining).

~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I've just found a couple of threads on the B6 forum showing how to install the rear ambient lighting. There's no way in hell I woul be able to do that successfully; way beyond my very limited capabilities.

Thread One

Thread Two

1st Gear

Status
    Got these from my VAG dealer today and fitted in minutes. I'm quite surprised this sort of thing isn't standard, like a lot of BMW's.
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro - Steve Edition in Lava Grey
    BBS Wheels|arm rest|ambipur|345mm S4 brakes|PiperX panel filter|cupra R splitter|Greenstuff Pads|Retrofit Cruise control/DIS|Retrofit Audi Phone|Dension iPod|

Full VCDS equipped for the Moray area

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I've just found a couple of threads on the B6 forum showing how to install the rear ambient lighting. There's no way in hell I woul be able to do that successfully; way beyond my very limited capabilities.

Thread One

Thread Two
    Looks pretty straight forward to me. Gonna have a go this weekend if I can get hold of on of the LED modules from my local TPS in time.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    UPDATE. I've just swapped out all of the bulbs from the interior roof lights, front and back, replacing them with white LEDs supplied by T8ups. I've also drilled out the ambient light holes another couple of mm.

I might have a go at making up a rear ambient light fitting some time, but for now, I'm content. Just need to wait for it to get dark again.

2nd Gear

Status
    Ordered mine today....
    Privacy Glass

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Mine arrived this morning, so I went out and fitted it. Only issue I had was that the screws that held the light unit in place needed a T20. And the green wire is very fiddly to fit, and I only had a 6mm bit.

Just a heads up for you guys about to fit yours.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

2nd Gear

Status
    fitted my lights today....easy to fit

Roll on the dark so i can see what my handywork is like
    Privacy Glass

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Ordered mine yesterday,arrived this morn along with my cupra splitter and rs4 pedals,will fit this weekend.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO MAP ,STATIS CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER.

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Now fitted used a 6mm drill,its seems ok but maybe not quite bright enough.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO MAP ,STATIS CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast