VAG com Results

Brian1976

Reaction score
Just had and ECU light so though i'd invest in a VCDS cable, I scanned the car several faults came up most related to battery being disconnected so all resolved, although I had an intermittent misfire in cylinder 7 so i cleared the faults and took the car for a run and re-scanned,

a low voltage error came up for the hood
and also this one

View attachment 11459

Cheers

Try putting in reverse so the pdc module as shown 76, gets the reverse signal, then try & clear the code.

will try that, thanks for the info also the only other code is about the roof have you seen this before?

Fault 2

Really appreciate the help, one other thing was clearing the intermittent cylinder fault and seeing if it pops up again a good way to diagnose the problem or should I panic (slightly). My thoughts are that it should reappear if its not a glitsch but i will reseat the coil pack just in case

I may now sound quite stupid, so apologies. does that mean that i should find and check the roof module which is from what i gather behind the trim in the rear seat and make sure the plug is seated properly, i recently disconnected the negative terminal of the battery (stupid but a freind advised it to reset ecu I now know differently) plug i understand COIL however apart from a transformer baffles me and is this linked to the cylinder problem?

Sorry for seeming so ignorant but it's all new to me I'm afraid

Check with audi incase your car has a coil pack recall, allot of older cars & new have been party to this recall, also check spark plug maybe has an issue, cracked ceramic maybe as mine had this once, easy things to check 1st.

Battery maybe old & tired.

I have noticed a little oil smudge between the right hand plugs closest to front of car (audi S4 2006) i cant find a cylinder arrangement for the car but im guessing its 7 or 8 so will check that out, the car is 6 years old and if the battery hasnt been changed it will be old/tired so I will check that too, could the little oil smudge mean that a seal has gone between spark plug and cylinder? If not i will reseat the coil and make sure the plug is in properly I have'nt noticed a misfire but in new cars its difficult to pick up.

You are a star thanks for the help and this is the last question i will use your info to do all the checks

Thanks Brian

I would try moving plugs/coils around & see if the fault moves to another cylinder & at same time can see state of plugs.