DIY threads

schmergal

Reaction score
Found a do it yourself garage so am going to attempt a few mods and some work in the next week r 2 including;

Fitting H&R's + perch plates
Full service
New brake pads
Fix faulty rear wiper/squirter
Spray grill black
Fit cupra splitter
Fix clunking sound coming from front control arms (12 piece set purchased)

Quite a bit of work but if I was to take to a normal garage would be a fortune,

Thing is I don't know how to do any of the above, I'm handy with a tool though would just like pointed in the right direction, so anyone know of any previous threads on the above, cheers

To re spray the gril you need to remove the the front bumper first you need to un do the wheel arch lining on both side once loss end a pealed back you see deep towards the front two bolts. then you need a long socket bar and If I remember a 10mm socket and undo the two fastening bolts on each side once you've done his losses all of the top mounting bolts under the bonnet then you should be able to remove the bumper and if your car has fog lights be carful not to over stretch the wiring loom and un plug them.
now the bumper is removed on the back of the grill there will about a dozen torx screw bolts un fasten all of these and the grill will pop out.
if you want remove the silver shroud separately release all the clips around the edge but carful the clips break very easily

hope this helps and good luck

As Beetlebrox says, back of the grille are a number of torx screws

RSgrillefitting003-1.jpg

What it says in the manual. But make sure it is specifically diesel oil though.