AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

06 170 2.0TDI AVANT

Hi guys
    im going to look at the above car at the weekend, it has covered 70k with full Audi sh, my question is ..... have Audi ironed out the oil pump issiues and any other common faults on the 06 model?

Seems to be a contrast in opinions, some say yes, issues solved, others no.. steer clear
    Can anyone give me a straighy forward yes or no?

Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Hi tuffy not sure about pump,but 06 models seem to suffer with the injector/loom problem a mate in work suffered multiple injector problems ,then whilest at audi having second or third visit (out of warrenty)it had a bottom end failure whilest the dealer fitter was on test drive ,maybe pump?.After that audi sorted it all out and footed the bill.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO MAP ,STATIS CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYTQ View Post
    Hi tuffy not sure about pump,but 06 models seem to suffer with the injector/loom problem a mate in work suffered multiple injector problems ,then whilest at audi having second or third visit (out of warrenty)it had a bottom end failure whilest the dealer fitter was on test drive ,maybe pump?.After that audi sorted it all out and footed the bill.
    Thanks.
    wasn't the injector issue a recall warranty issue??

6th Gear

Status

06 170 2.0TDI AVANT

It's not part of any warranty - they are recalling them.

Call customer service on 0800 699888

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffy View Post
    Hi guys
    im going to look at the above car at the weekend, it has covered 70k with full Audi sh, my question is ..... have Audi ironed out the oil pump issiues and any other common faults on the 06 model?

Seems to be a contrast in opinions, some say yes, issues solved, others no.. steer clear
    Can anyone give me a straighy forward yes or no?

Thanks guys

Some 06 models have suffered from oil pump/balance shaft issues due tio the hex drive shafft rounding off. If you want to beat the oil pump issue you will need to buy a 2.0tdi from the B8 range.

Paul B7

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks.
    wasn't the injector issue a recall warranty issue??
    Not at first ,i printed off the injector thread and gave it to him and he gave audi some grief,they originally told him that it wasnt under warrenty(it had just run out),the dealer s had it for ages and didnt know how to fix it i think it was one of the early ones
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO MAP ,STATIS CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER.

1st Gear

Status
    I have a 56, 2007 170 with the BRD engine.
    My injectors failed and they were replaced by an indie. Audi later took the car and replaced the loom and reimbursed me for the injectors.
    However there does not seem to be a definitive answer regarding the balance shaft/oil pump failure. Like you I have read & read the threads and it would appear to be chassis specific, at least that's what Audi say. I checked with them and mine is not affected, in truth I can't and refuse to believe them so drive the car daily hoping nothing happens. The only crumb of comfort is mine has only done 60k not 130k like a lot if you.
    Trouble is i love the car & if I was to sell it I would get a BMW which has its own issues.
    Last word, there are millions of very happy Audi owners and we on here are the minority with the doom and gloom stories, it may never happen. Imagine how big this forum would be if everyone came in here praising there car!
    Audi A4 Avant TDI 170 S-Line
    1992 Saab 900 T16S Convertible

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B7 View Post
    Some 06 models have suffered from oil pump/balance shaft issues due tio the hex drive shafft rounding off. If you want to beat the oil pump issue you will need to buy a 2.0tdi from the B8 range.

Paul B7
    Sorry for my ignorance but at what year does the B8 range start? is it as simple as 2008?

2nd Gear

Status
    So just to summerise the injector/ coil issue is not a standard recall? and if they fail you will have to wrestle the dealer for any joy?

Can a 06 plate with a certain chassis number be clear of the oil pump issue? or is it only when you get to the B8 range?

Finally has anyone replaced the oil pump/ balance shaft before it failed as a precaution ? Or is this not a sensible financial option?

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry for my ignorance but at what year does the B8 range start? is it as simple as 2008?
    Forget that..... Just seen this code started in Jan 2007

3rd Gear

Status
    Forget that..... Just seen this code started in Jan 2007
    The subject of the dreaded 2.0tdi oil pump balance shaft failures is dealt with in great detail in the November issue of Audi Driver.
    If you drive a 2005-2007/8 2.0 tdi powered B7 model and think you will be immune to this problem go read this article and think again .............................