Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Suggestions on breaks

My cars booked into an Audi indie next week and just looking for a bit of info just so I'm prepared.

I seem to have a bit of a rubbing sound on the front passenger side wheel. I'm thinking either the pads need changing or the calliper is stuck anyway the garage will find out.

Question I've got is is it likely to just be pads? Or discs aswell?

I've got a 2.0TDI sline cab an it's just got standard brakes. If it does require new discs/ pads should I just have them replaced with the same or should I take the opportunity to upgrade them?

Your thoughts and opinions grateful

Cheers

A4 B7 2.0ltr TDI Cabriolet

Mods
    Puddle lights Illuminated cup holder Cd changer in glove box Interior lighting led upgraded

Full VCDs

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    What sort of mileage have the discs done?

Standard discs will be more than adequate. If uprating anything, pads and fluid would be a better start

1st Gear

Status

Suggestions on breaks

The cars done 46,000 miles ok maybe I'll just get the pads replaced and the fluid.

Again it might be nothing but just looking for information as I know nothing about the breaking system/ pads.

Mods
    Puddle lights Illuminated cup holder Cd changer in glove box Interior lighting led upgraded

Full VCDs

1st Gear

Status

Suggestions on breaks

Right been to the garage today and they say that the car needs new pads and discs on the front of the car just thought I'd update the thread to keep you all informed

Mods

Full VCDs

1st Gear

Status

Suggestions on breaks

Right well I've got my car back from the garage and they have replaced the front discs and pads. Picked the car up and paid for the work...... But driving home there is still a rubbing sound while driving. It's not caused by braking its a constant rubbing/ grinding that is there even when not touching the breaks.

Anyway I'm going to call the garage tomorrow and get them to have another look. But just thought I would ask if anyone has any ideas what it might be. As I say it's not happening when I press the breaks.

Any ideas ?????

Mods

Full VCDs

1st Gear

Status

Suggestions on breaks

Right well I've got my car back from the garage and they have replaced the front discs and pads. Picked the car up and paid for the work...... But driving home there is still a rubbing sound while driving. It's not caused by braking its a constant rubbing/ grinding that is there even when not touching the breaks.

Anyway I'm going to call the garage tomorrow and get them to have another look. But just thought I would ask if anyone has any ideas what it might be. As I say it's not happening when I press the breaks.

Any ideas ?????

Mods

Full VCDs

1st Gear

Status
    BTW it's brakes.

Breaks are something you do when you go away for a few days

1st Gear

Status

Suggestions on breaks

Right been back to the garage and taken one of the tecs a drive in the car and he has Said it's the front passenger wheel bearing. So it's going in next week to be replaced.

My question is is it advisable to change the 2 front wheel bearings or just the pasanger side ? Is it best to swap the pair ?

Mods

Full VCDs

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazthesparky View Post
    Right been back to the garage and taken one of the tecs a drive in the car and he has Said it's the front passenger wheel bearing. So it's going in next week to be replaced.

My question is is it advisable to change the 2 front wheel bearings or just the pasanger side ? Is it best to swap the pair ?

You will be fine just replacing the defective bearing , no need to do both sides.

Paul B7

loves quattro

Status
    I tend to use this site when I'm looking for breaks Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

5th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Richardesty;1686775]I tend to use this site when I'm looking for breaks Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

[/QUOTE

Lol
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.