Anyone replaced there windscreen to fit the light sensor

Gazthesparky

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone retrofitted the auto lights into there car?

I have done all the wiring and all that's left to do is to get the windscreen replaced

How did you go about getting it replaced is it simply a case of claiming through your insurence. Does the screen have to be damaged to get it replaced

Any tips, recommendations of what to do anywhere to go.

Yes I have & got others done aswell.

Oh dear Gaz, you have a nasty chip in your screen that cant be fixed, your insurance company should give you screen cover & seems the autodim mirror fixing is broken, so dont forget to ask for the light sensor screen type :p

No wonder insurance premiums are so high....

Here we go again, screen replacement of this nature can probably be counted in the 0.0000001% of screen claims, so dont get all itchy over it mate, this is far from the truth of why premiums are high.

Ok cool got that bit
My only concern now is that the replacement screen won't be OEM or I will get problems with the new screen. Will they fit a OEM screen or can I stipulate that they do

I'm just checking so I don't get the wrong screen fitted. Is there just 2 screen types ? One with the auto dim mirror and light sensor and one without which is the one I have at the moment

I have a a4 cab should I be looking out for anything when they are fitting them ?
I just don't want any problems to arise after having the screen replaced.

Cheers Nigel for the advice

Ok as long as you state you have the light sensor fitment, then it shouldnt make any difference as they will bring the correct screen along, just remove old mirror before they get there :p

Interms of fitment, little white lie & psychology here lol, just mention you had a bad experience with a screen fitted as they didnt put proper bonding in & hurried the job, it will hopefully give the guy a mental note not to rush the job & to bond properly.

As for oem screens etc, tbh mate some do, some dont, I've had numerous screens done on different cars by 1 company & dont think all are pilkington which iirc is the oem brand used & not had one issue to date, so I think they use decent brands anyway as they dont need return work for crap parts used.