Really annoying squeaking noise!

Daemon

Reaction score
Hi, hopefully someone can help me as I am starting to pull my hair out.

Basically when driving along over bumps, manholes, speed bumps etc I can hear a noise. It sounds more of a high pitch squeak than a rattle and is proving a ****** to try and work out where it's coming from.
Really hard to pinpoint as a bump to any corner of the car seems to create the sound. I've had each wheel off whilst sitting trying to find any loose or wobbly parts to no avail. No sign of any exhaust or under panel sections that are loose.

Is this a common thing on B7 s line avants? It doesn't seem to be a compression of the suspension issue as bumps that don't rattle or jolt the car don't cause the squeak.

Please Help!

Are your windows done up when you hear the squeek?
Mine makes a slight squeek if one of the windows is slightly open, its the glass moving in the rubber.

Hi,

If you have checked you suspension components anti-roll bar, wishbones, shocks etc try looking at the mounts they will tend to squeak if they damaged or leaking.

Thanks,

I have the same issue if I drive along with my drivers window open.....giving up looking for the cause :noway:

i have the exact same problem and it is a pain in the back side.suspension seems ok but havent had a reall good look yet.car going in for a service next week so gawna ask audi to have a wee look.will post up if i get a result

Well it's defo not window glass related. I'm certain it's at the back end of the car.
Glad it's not just mine that does it, hopefully if it's fairly common then someone somewhere may know the answer.

.............hmmm, just a thought that's come to me as I'm typing. Could it possibly be the exhaust hanger? Either a)softening in the summer heat or B) just being worn out and extra movement is letting the exhaust hit the heat guard?

Ive been having squeeking problems with my B7 Cabby. Was left side front and really bad when braking or turning at low speeds (such as 3 point turn). I could hear constant 'ticking' noise in line with the wheel revolution when the vehicle was in motion so wasnt all that surprised to find out that it was a wheel bearing. Got it replaced - end of squeek. Had to take it to a couple of mechanics as first ones came out in the car with me to listen to it and whilst they suspected it may be bearing, they sent me elsewhere for a second opinion! Second bloke said he was 90% sure before i told him to go ahead and replace.

Any chance you are having the same problem and also finding it hard to clearly diagnose?

Nooo its not a wheel bearing, that's a constant squeak/squeal.

This is just a jerky bumpy moment split second squeak. Almost like something is loose and rattles over a bump, will probably jack her up again tomorrow and have another look around.

My b6 does the same like a tight bush creak squeak annoying !! Especially over speed bumps had mine checked new shockers springs bottom arm fitted still there !