ECU Problems

Spencer13

Reaction score
Website
www.selectpaving.co.uk
Hi Guys, can anyone help??

Im the owner of a A4 sline quattro 56 plate 2 litre petrol, iv been driving around with the EPC light on and emissions light for ages.

My car shows no sign of anything wrong with it apart from it having the lights on the dash or maybe using a bit too much oil.

I had it looked at by an independant audi in stourton leeds, they said i needed a new ecu then it would need recoding to my car along with a bill for nearly £800 big ones.

Im one for trying anything myself so went off and found a second hand ecu unit with same part number for £130, now it needs coding to my car! i have some Knowledge of easyobd as iv turned my trouble lights off with it but they always come back on.

Iv taken the old ecu out and replaced with the donor part but car starts then dies so i put old part back on for now.

The trouble code is P0610 internal control module mil on, from what iv read or know this means ecu is bad but does anyone know if this can be fixed by reflashing or something similar????

If my original ecu cant be fixed then does anyone know anyone or anything i can do to get my donor ecu to work???

Any help is much appreciated as i need this problem fixing at the cheapest price possible(typical tight Yorkshireman)

Thanks guys
Spencer

If you are will to travel there is a guy in Nottingham who knows his onions!, pm me for his details, he sorted out my faults and remapped mine in a few hours
Cheers
Carl

Just got stuck in the regeneration cycle hence blue smoke and stinking like a BBQ!, the guy sorted it out no problem