Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

speeding help and advice

my vehicle was caught speeding doing 57 in a 50 and the letters and corrispondance I have had back do not show the driver and they say that the law is enforced 10% + 2 of the speed limit which is what the vehicle was doing. so I my engineering eyes 57 is within tolerance. can anyone explain please

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    The law is probably enforced AT 10% + 2mph. You could quiz them on when the camera was last calibrated and wether appropriate signage was within the minimum required distance. Other than that you probably don't have much come-back...

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

5th Gear

Status
    I don't think you have any wiggle room. They don't have to show the driver as if the owner of the vehicle can't say who was driving, the driver can be held responsible.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I don't think you have any wiggle room. They don't have to show the driver as if the owner of the vehicle can't say who was driving, the driver can be held responsible.
    ^^^Spot on......................only option is wife/gf was driving.... their points = happy days lol

Usually now though, if your caught doing on the edge of the tolerance they should be offering you a driver's education day, cost £80-100, with 0 points added.

Mac
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Neutral

Status
    Well I have been in dispute with them over it but to noavail. I am sending the form off in my name. Mrs wont be happy. Still don’tknow who was driving but I have a pic that shows the back of my car. Threatenedto take it to the crown court. lol.
    cheers all drive safe!

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you really dont know who drives your car ?
    come on

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wattsy View Post
    Well I have been in dispute with them over it but to noavail. I am sending the form off in my name. Mrs wont be happy. Still don’tknow who was driving but I have a pic that shows the back of my car. Threatenedto take it to the crown court. lol.
    cheers all drive safe!
    My wife was "nicked "doing 34mph in a 30 zone by Cleveland Police.
    I understand the plus 2mph is discretionary .

Sorry, but its a "fair cop"

5th Gear

Status
    I wouldn't go down the Crown Court route. People tend to think this as the legal costs escalate thinking the prosecution will pull out. What people don't figure is the fines are higher, sometimes unlimited at Crown.

It depends on the force and the Police. Every case can be taken on it's own basis.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Neutral

Status
    Fingers crossed for a speed awareness course then... formis off so we'll see... the car is driven by me mostly but this particular timewe had been up and down the same road 3 times that week and took turns .. Fixedcamera that I know is there but there u go.. Familiarity breeds contempt??? Couldchuck driving without due care at me too if we said we weren’t concentrating Isuppose

Neutral

Status
    form set off admitting I was the driver just for fear of being taken to court as the reg keeper. Now they are taking it to court anyway as I said in a letter that I was signing it under duress????? weird!

5th Gear

Status
    its down to the registered keeper to ensure logs are kept as to who was driving
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg