RIGHT all this injector issue malarky is cracking my nut in! can people please advise

chrisk1700

Reaction score
Iv gone throgh various threads on here regarding injector issues on the 2.0 tdi engine.

am i right in thinking its just the 170 thats getting the recall because i have a 140 and im advised by some that these are being recalled to?

whats the latest with vosa on this? i have an 05 s line Full audi history, iv been advised i may be covered due to the full history with audi, audi have said they may fund or part fund my repair, but i just want to be clear whats going on with audi and there warranty recall's with the 140.

anyone had the 140 version injectors done under warranty?

Bottom line is there is no official recall for the 140 and I doubt there ever will be as 99.99% of the issues have been with the 170, you might get a friendly dealer who will fight your corner with audi and get you a percentage off goodwill gesture.

The current campaign is 23k1 only the 170, I took mine (140), to my local audi dealer to get it checked using this campaign number and I was told that audi UK will not authorise the inspection as it doesn't affect my model. The

When I took my 170 in I asked if the 140s were to be looked at too - my mother has a 140.

The lad said that it isn't actually 170 or 140 specific its just which cars got these certain iffy injectors - how true that is I don't know. He checked her reg no. and it came back OK so I don't know if he was right or not.

Hi there, been reading up on your posts & I have the same motor.
I have had issues with a very shuddery start. I've been to Audi, wot a bunch of crooks they were. So I contacted VOSA who informed me in writing that both the 170's & 140's suffer with injector issues. Told Audi this, they said to me that we don't answer to vosa & it's just the 170's that fail. I then got back to vosa a very angry bunny. They retracted the comment that the 140's were affected also. I don't know what the f**k is the truth.
1 glimmer of hope is that my mate owns a VW passat 140 taxi, he had all his replaced & a refund for over £900 for the 1st injector he replaced. Same engine as ours I believe! You need to find out if you have the PIEZO SIEMENS injectors in your car, because these are the dodgy ones I've read on here.
Audi's customer service sucks, if the dealership you visit is Franchised they will not over ride any descisions made there!
HOPE YOU FIGURE IT OUT!

hi leecool. im having no luck with mine, iv had the injectors out and had them professionally checked with new seals at a cost of £160! iv re-fitted and set them up and i still have the same issues. im thinking fuel pressure now, possibly tandem pump or lift pump, but at times it runs fine, so part of me thinks the ecu needs a remap or at least a reset. i did read somewhere on here that someone did this and it sorted there issue on there car.

mine still runs lumpy, takes ages to start, and also smokes white smoke. not using any coolant. has had a new head (not by me) new injector loom, injectors checked, cleaned egr, cleaned maf. i have a new gasket for the tandem pump as when the head has been done they have used the old gasket with some of that black silicone gasket crap everywhere, so gonna clean that up and try that just in case its dragging air, but its not leaking from anywhere so feck nos.

Hi chrisk1700, sounds like me but with another issue. Have spent a bomb & still it shudders a bit when starting.

Yours sounds very odd with the white smoke! Iknow a bit about petrol engines & would have said head gasket, but white smoke from a deisel, that's a new 1 for me. A dull question, but the white smoke is coming out of the tailpipe??
How long it been happening? Have you drained the tank & checked for contaminated fuel?
I'm going to google it now.

well, my car has had a head, so its not using any coolant. this is fact.

iv just got in from fitting a new gasket to the tandem pump, the people who had fitted it last had used the old gasket and that crappy gasket sealer, all the sealer had gone into the diesel paths and restricted them somewhat. I was relieved to spot this and cleaned it up and re fitted with a new gasket and unfourunately its still the same, i took it for a few mile drive and it drove ok with the odd lurch, nothing special, smoked when set off but cleared.

got back and left it idleing and after say 2-3 minutes it started to miss a tad, not bad bad though, but when you try to hold the revs at a constant say 2k it smokes bad again.

when i bought the car someone had fitted a one way valve to the return fuel line, and iv just read on a skoda forum that these are prone to go in the tandem pumps. so maybe thats my next port of call, but surelyy once the car is running this shouldnt be an issue???????

i no i really need to do a compression test but im scared of sheering the glow plugs, but then again thinking about if its had a head it should be ok because they would have been out relativly recently. after that im into lift pump and maybe ecu fault?

i wish this was simple, im purely chasing my **** on this one, but at least now im slowly ruling things out and cleaning things along the way, i just no the fix will be the last thing i get too. i may consider just cutting my losses and plopping it in the classifieds, be intersting to see how much a lift pump and tandem pump would be from a breakers>????????????