EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: New rims

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

New rims

I picked up a set of rims yesterday as a experiment, not seen these rims before they are a6 v8 rims(rims are dated 08) and quite rare but thought it might be a good gamble ,i wanted to see what you guys think of the mock up photo,rims need slight work due to kerbing but look in good condition otherwise.cheers Andy
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I was going to go down the s4 avus or a8 fat five route but thought these might be more unusual,just wanted a honest opinion .
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

5th Gear

Status
    Look alright.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

VAG Addict

Status
    Not 100% sure I like them to be honest. Like the fact you're trying something different but just not keen on the design... maybe they'll look better once fitted!?!
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

2nd Gear

Status
    I quite like them, will be keeping an eye on this thread for pics when fitted.

2006 Audi A4 Sline
    AMD remap to 175bhp, bilstein Shocks with Eibach 30mm lowering springs, spacers to follow very soon (then finished)

Neutral

Status
    I Like very nice

Status
    I like the new wheels

5th Gear

Status
    It has been suggested ny a few people that they might look really good polished,i'm 50/50 any views on this?cheers Andy

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    I like them... and I think they will look great fully polished, but you'll need to drop the car low for them to look their best. Also, you'll need to clean them every week at least to keep polished wheels looking good as they can easily oxidise and lose their shine.
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

5th Gear

Status
    A mate who runs polished comps coated his straight away in that spray clear plastic stuff i forget the name of it.I was thinking of some h&r springs too.

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    The thing with polished wheels is they look great when they're first polished and if you apply any sort of clear coat, they lose the mirror finish slightly.

You could probably get them powdercoated with a clear gloss lacquer which would help protect them, or have them diamond cut & lacquered.

I would keep them fully polished & just make sure you keep them clean & polish them You can use wheel sealant to help protect them too. That's what I do with my wheels.
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

2nd Gear

Status
    Look good, what size and width are they? Don't polish keep as is IMHO

5th Gear

Status
    8"x18" steph.Decided on getting them sprayed in silver for now, maybe polished at a later date,i want to keep oem+ look atm.

5th Gear

Status
    Rims have gone in to aps for refurb should have them next week and fitted on next weekend.

5th Gear

Status
    Picking up refurbished rims tomorrow morning hopefully pics tomorrow pm.

5th Gear

Status
    Pics as promised,i like the rims ,just need to get it lower now.

5th Gear

Status

2nd Gear

Status
    looks good. i likey alot

2006 Audi A4 Sline
    AMD remap to 175bhp, bilstein Shocks with Eibach 30mm lowering springs, spacers to follow very soon (then finished)

Neutral

Status
    I like them but I think you would really need to slam the car to pull them off.

Don't take it the wrong way but looks a less spec model now I think

1st Gear

Status
    They look really good, makes a change from the RS4 and RS6 style ones, trouble is these are the most common wheels. Might go down the S4 Avus route myself, they look good in anthracite, dad had them on his old B5 S4. My old A3 looked nice with the TT Ronal wheels, quite a rare wheel.
    2008 A5 3.0TDI