Limp mode

A4_MO

Reaction score
Just come back from a weekend in Brighton and the car has been almost great (07 2.0 tdi s-line 170bhp). How ever i did have 2 little problems .
The first 1 sounded like the exhaust was blowing. I parked her up and came back 2 hours later started it up and was fine.. Is that a problem? Has the exhaust got a valve in it that is sticking?
The 2nd one was on the way home i stopped at a service station on the way home. As i was getting back on the motorway i put my foot down and with in seconds off coming off the slip road the car went into LIMP mode and the management light came on. I pulled over turned the car off and turned it back on and it was back to normal. Nothing at all NO lights and NOT even in LIMP till i got home to Buckinghamshire.

Can any one shed some light on this? Im going to France for 2 weeks on tomorrow so i can not take it to a garage or put it onto a computer

Last edited:
Ring your local dealer with your vin number to hand (its on the log book)

Quote workshop action 23k1 they should take it from there

Ok so when i am back i can just ring my local Audi garage Amersham or Aylesbury and tell them about my problem with the car and quote that number you have given me.
And they WILL fix my car F.O.C because of a recall? Even though i did not buy my car from an Audi dealer ??? (brought private from Car Giant )

They will replace your injectors and loom F.O.C. regardless of if you bought private or not. This needs to be done for safety reasons so get it done.

If this was your problem then yes it will fix your car.

If not then it could be some other problem

So i came back from France only for a couple of days. I had my car put on a computer at my mates garage (VW) and has come up with an intermittent fault on injector 1 and turbo was under boosting. I rang Audi Amersham up and now it is booked in on the 27th of this month when im back. Thanks for your advise and will let you know how it goes