Retrofitting DIS and CC

DarkShadow

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've just registered. Picked up my new 07 S-Line a few weeks back and I realised it had no CC or additional DIS info. Was a bit gutted but it seemed to have the arm rest and bose upgrade I was looking for.

For those that have done this.. How much did both set you back out of interest? Level of difficulty? And how much time did it all take to do?

£90 for all the bits off eBay. (that's what I paid and it included slip ring and module, which you may not need)
Took about an hour ish
Dead easy.
You need to get it coded though.

Last edited:
Another n00b question.. Sorry. What's DIS? And am I right in thinkin CC is cruise control? Thanks.

DIS is your display in the centre of the dash, it gives you average mpg, mph, range, low washer fluid level and "bulb out" warnings.
Yes, CC is cruise.

DIS is your display in the centre of the dash, it gives you average mpg, mph, range, low washer fluid level and "bulb out" warnings.
Yes, CC is cruise.

Thanks for the reply and answer mate, I'd be interested in gettin this as well then, had it in my last couple of cars and really miss it, not bothered about cruise tho, how much would it roughly cost including parts and coding, anyone? Thanks :)

DIS / Wiper Stalk:

Cabrio/Saloon - 4E0 953 503 F - £73.56 inc VAT
Avant - 4E0 953 503 G - £85.97 inc VAT

As for coding you're probably best finding someone off the forum to perform the coding in exchange for beer tokens or any other preferred currency.

If you aren't installing the washer bottle sensor you also need to earch PIN1 from the Instrument Cluster plug.

Shadow, give Bez a PM, he has vagcom for coding and lives in Sheffield, nice bloke.

Just keep checking eBay, they come up every now and then. I came up on a cracking bargain and sold all the bits I didn't need and I actually made more money than it cost me. Free DIS and cruise :arco:
One thing though, do you have a multi function steering wheel?

Thanks for the swift responses guys!

£90 for all the bits off eBay. (that's what I paid and it included slip ring and module, which you may not need)
Took about an hour ish
Dead easy.
You need to get it coded though.
How do I know if I need it or not?

Can somebody please list me all the parts I would need - If it's a 'may need' how would I identify this? Would a B6 or B8 module work out of interest? Damn B7's are difficult to locate at a reasonable price on fleabay!

Shadow, give Bez a PM, he has vagcom for coding and lives in Sheffield, nice bloke.
Cheers buddy, I shall holla him!

Out of interest have you got any pics to your cars? Slightly interested :D

rowdyboy said:
One thing though, do you have a multi function steering wheel
Forgot to respond to this comment. With the volume and track controls? I do indeed.

That's good news, it means you won't need the module or slip ring, which are pricey.

Stalks, VCDS and a new lower cowl (or make the cutout yourself, which is what I did and save £30)
Yeah, that looks right, I don't know how good that price is.