Ambient Footwell lights

alpesh26

Reaction score
I was busy last weekend...

I'm not too sure what to think of them, the LED's in the passenger side have a bit of a 'spotlight' effect on them but I think they need moving back a bit. What do you guys think? Chavvy?

IMG_0474.jpg

Passenger Side (looks better in the flesh):
IMG_0472.jpg

Drivers Side:
IMG_0471.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality photo's (iPhone)!

What did you use for the footwell lights?
Did you just fit red bulbs to the standard units?

I can never make my mind up on RED footwell lights on any car.
Bit 50%50.
The spot light effect don't help.
Would be better if it was a more even distribution of light.

Nice attempt though :)

Yeh, they just need moving back. It's not that bad in the flesh. I don't have the standard footwell lights (next mod).

I got some 3mm LEDs off eBay and popped them in under the glovebox and the thing where the manuals go under the steering wheel. There is 3 on each side. I wired them into the vent rollers

Yeh, they just need moving back. It's not that bad in the flesh. I don't have the standard footwell lights (next mod).

I got some 3mm LEDs off eBay and popped them in under the glovebox and the thing where the manuals go under the steering wheel. There is 3 on each side. I wired them into the vent rollers

Ahh, I understand what you done now and it makes sense.

I thought you just fitted new bulbs. lol

I'm shocked a B7 never came with footwell lights as standard but has CC, DIS, auto lights, wipers and dimming mirrors.

I'm shocked a B7 never came with footwell lights as standard but has CC, DIS, auto lights, wipers and dimming mirrors.

Yeh, It's weird, mine is one of the first b7's so they're usually stingy with the spec. Unless the first owner specced it when they bought the car? I even have the 16" trapez wheels off the b6. I was going to get rid of them because they look small and leave big gaps in the arches but with winter not far away I decided to keep them. They're also cheap on tyres :)

Ahh, I understand what you done now and it makes sense.

I thought you just fitted new bulbs. lol

Your lucky, mines an S-Line has has no spec at all! Not even DIS. My steering wheel or seats don't even say S-Line!

I thought if you spec a S-line you get s-line and can't change it, so the seats, steering wheel and all the other stuff. Really odd.

my B5 is better spec than your B7s, I really thought it would be the other way round. :)

I knew this guy who bought a BMW e30 it had 99% no extras, it was one of Lowest spec bmws I Have ever seen, only extra it had was heated seats. Lol

It's bad isn't it. I get really annoyed and confused with Audi's completely random and non consistent speccing of cars. I can't keep up! Wnother thing I though you go on S-Lines was a black roof lining, and guess what, mine hasn't!