Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: Air con button.

2nd Gear

Status

Air con button.

My air con button seems to have packed in. If I press it to turn econ off the light comes back on as soon as I release the button.

Anyone have any idea why it might be doing it? Suppose a scan will probably be in order.
    Last edited by unikarl; 11th April 2011 at 11:49.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Cruise, Leather, DIS, RNS-E, autodim, MFSW, ambient lights, Bi xenons.

Gone to its new home

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    The light is supposed to be on when its off mate? is the aircon still working?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2nd Gear

Status
    No that's what I mean. When I try and turn econ mode off, the light only goes off for a second then comes back on again. Air con doesn't work at all.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

3rd Gear

Status
    the aircon won't work if the system senses low gas pressure. that's why ecom won't switch off.
    Start with a scan to see if the low pressure sensor is throwing a faults then try a re-gas
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

2nd Gear

Status
    Good info. Thanks.
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    regas sensor problem

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just purchased a 2.0t Quattro Avant and had the same thing, turned out to be the "thrust senor" or high pressure switch, same thing as bez101 ? about 50 of your hard earned.

2nd Gear

Status
    Does anyone around Leeds, Bradford or grimsby have vcds that may be able to scan it for beer tokens?
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

5th Gear

Status
    Not having much luck with your car lately eh mate? at 50 i guess technically i'll be paying for that then ha ha.

if i catch you this week ill pay for my dads dials doing also as it was his birthday today so i said id sort it with you.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok mate. I'm stuck in hospital at the min but I'll give you a shout when I'm out and we can get things sorted. You finish your carbon trim? If not we can swap some bits as I'm thinking of going back to silver.... I have a plan!
    2.0 TDI S line.

Gone to its new home

5th Gear

Status
    Everything ok buddy? i didn't finish the carbon, i need ashtray and gear surround and the dash parts, was gonna go back to silver myself but only because i couldn't be bothered to finish the job, i could happily go either way.

give me a ring when your all sorted mate!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have the same problem on my B6 Tdi. Will the below method work for my vehicle?

YouTube - How to re-gas the air conditioning in your vehicle