Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Where to buy LED number plate bulbs

As above please, i just need to know which will fit and not throw up error codes, have my side lights and HID's so dont want any yellow on the car.

Also might aswell change the fogs. can anyone suggest an LED bulb that will fit the fogs withour canbus error.

Thanks guys.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    No where, i have tired about 5 different places, ranging from 10 LED's to non error 40.00 LED's.

The B7's always seem to throw up the error, unless you fit resistors.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

5th Gear

Status
    Aw thats ****y bum, i thought you could get some.

What about Fogs? i think iv read you can fit sidelight LEDs in them? fitted mine the other day and they are amazing but now i hate yellow light.

Looks gruby.
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

1st Gear

Status
    Fit HID fog lights like i have...! I LOVE them.

to

Things to do: Lower on coilovers, spacers, front end respray and a full correctional detail!

5th Gear

Status
    They look mint mate, where did you ge them and do they throw up any error codes?

1st Gear

Status
    I got them from Ebay, and no there are no error codes.

What bulb are the fogs again? H11's or H7s? Just ebay ''HID HX X0000K'' the first X being the type of bulb and the second X being the colour rating i.e 6000k or 8000k.

It was a 5 minute job changing them over, taking off the belly pan etc and installing the ballasts using cable ties under the front bumper etc.
    Things to do: Lower on coilovers, spacers, front end respray and a full correctional detail!

5th Gear

Status
    I'll check that out, will normal LED sidelights not just pop in?I'm sure iv seen people on here do that? Much simpler.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just make sure that they are CAN BUS compliant lamps - then no faults, mine work OK. if you fit resistor's make sure they are attached to metal body NOT plastic otherwise will melt and poss fire hazzard !?!@
    Last edited by oldoiler; 24th February 2011 at 10:29.
    past cars : Leons 1P x 2 Tdi and TSI, Lotus Cortina, Fiat Abarths 750 tc x 2, E Type Jaguar, Steyer Puch TRII, NSU 1200TT

5th Gear

Status
    I'm not messing with resistors, I will just get can bus side lights, I have just put them in my actually side lights and no errors so I'll get some of those. Are they H7?

Thanks guys.

5th Gear

Status
    I'm not messing with resistors, I will just get can bus side lights, I have just put them in my actually side lights and no errors so I'll get some of those. Are they H7?

Thanks guys.

5th Gear

Status
    What LED's have you put in your sidelights, and where did you get them from?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks, will get some then, as the yellow sidelights don't go with the xenons. With regards to fitting them in your fogs though, won't they be too dull/not give off enough light?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    For what? Alot of cars dont even have fogs, these sidelight bulbs are very bright i think they will be fine. ill post pics now.

5th Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Those sidelights are sexy hot.

5th Gear

Status
    wow, they're bright...should be fine as fogs then I would've thought?

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah I think they'll be ok, if you turn on just your sidelights in the middle of the day you get a big White/reflection from whatever your parked infront of. I can't believe the difference they make!

5th Gear

Status
    can't wait to get them, as have DRL function but the yellow is too crappy at the moment. These will certainly make a difference.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    wow, they're bright...should be fine as fogs then I would've thought?
    I see you've changed your sig now too Raz, ha ha it reads like mine except you got the big boy engine :-) It's had alot done!!

5th Gear

Status
    What K hids you got and are your DRL's White?

5th Gear

Status
    yeah, I'm pretty happy with it, except I'm with a 2.0TDI at the moment whilst AUdi sort out a leaking transmission box...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    What K hids you got and are your DRL's White?
    They're the Original Audi Adaptive xenons (i.e. they move as you turn corners to highlight the way you're going better), not sure on the K rating.

The DRL function only turns the sidelights on, they're not seperate LEDs as on the B8 audis. Hence why I wanted to get whiter bulbs in there.

5th Gear

Status
    Ah I see, my mate has them on his S3.

I like my Tdi but if we had a second car I'd change mine and get a 3.2, I love the noise they make. The problem with a turbo for me is that there is every point in modifying them and for that reason only I will.

There's no point tuning a 3.2 so a simple cat back and I'm done. Save some cash!!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    and I'm done. Save some cash!!
    it's never that simple though is it

5th Gear

Status
    Ha ha NO!, i told the Mrs when i bought this car that because its a diesel i wont be doing anything to it.

Look at my Sig, it says otherwise HA HA HA!

5th Gear

Status
    fitted this morning much better!!

Just need to find replacements for the DRL though

5th Gear

Status
    Sidelights? There good arnt they!

5th Gear

Status
    yeah, much better, just need to find ones that will replace the DRL bulbs now...