Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Cupra Splitter, RS4 Fog Grille's and RARB....my visit to Richardesty's

Finally managed to visit Richardesty today and it was very productive.

First of all, Mr. Rich's pride and joy:

An absolutely superb motor, looks damn fine and drives like a dream! My thanks to him for taking me out in it.

Next up, my pride and joy, now with satin black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB and RS4-style Fog Surrounds (which was a bonus):

And a shot with Richardesty tidying my car up at the front end:

Also met W4tkins and had to stop myself drooling over his Z3

Many thanks to Rich, had a great day and it was finally good to meet up. Can't wait to see ya again.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

loves quattro

Status
    Some awesome photos there Wrath - any chance of emailing 'em to me?

Great to meet you, it's a really tidy ride you've got there!

Hope you're enjoying the twisty bits a little more now

Rich

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    looks awrsome mate very nice indead!!!!! id love the grill n fog surrounds for mine
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

Cornish and Proud!

Status
    realy like the look of the fog surrounds, I was thinking of something similar to this not long ago, was thinking whether there is much behind the solid part of the fog surround on the outer edge, if not I was thinking of removing and putting mesh across the whole thing but still keep the fogs!

I do like the grill too, but not massive fan of the Cupra Splitter on the S-line bumper, I feel that it looks almost too small under the parts of the bumper that stick out, I am thinking of solving this next year by hopefully purchasing a DTM front bumper, If I can find one for a reasonable price :P

Hope the RS4 RARB works out well for you, I fitted mine out at the nurburgring after doing a couple of laps with the std one, the change made a massive difference to the car!

Adam
    Last edited by Bigman; 16th October 2010 at 22:21.
    Adam 'Bigman' Phillips
    -----------------
    Audi A4 B7 2.0TFSI S-Line Avant, Red!
    Debadged rear, Full DIS, Cruise, B5 A4 front lower spring seats (15mm lower than B7), XCarlink, RS4 RARB, Factory Fitted BOSE, 2 tone leather interior.

Future Mods: R-Tech Re-map, H&R Springs, 15mm rear and 12mm front wheel spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drmole View Post
    looks awrsome mate very nice indead!!!!! id love the grill n fog surrounds for mine
    Cheers mate, I'm pretty pleased with it as well

It only took Rich about 30 mins to have the fog surrounds done, I was amazed!
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post

does rich do this for anyone??

also excuse this as it may be a stupid question but wa is a RS4 RARB? still picking up on the abriviations :-)

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

5th Gear

Status
    does rich do this for anyone??
    Depends how well you can grovel

also excuse this as it may be a stupid question but wa is a RS4 RARB? still picking up on the abriviations :-)
    Rear Anti-Roll Bar. Stiffens up the backend and improves the handling of the car.
    Nathan

6th Gear

Status
    Depends how well you can grovel

Rear Anti-Roll Bar. Stiffens up the backend and improves the handling of the car.
    i can grovel pretty well lol

i take it the RARB only fits Quattros?

5th Gear

Status
    i can grovel pretty well lol

i take it the RARB only fits Quattros?
    Nope, RARB should fit all A4's. Costs around 75-90 from dealers. Just a thicker diameter than the one that's on.
    Nathan

Cornish and Proud!

Status
    EDIT: Beaten too it! The kit is pretty cheap and does make a big difference, the std S-line RARB is 18mm and the RS4 RARB is 24mm! (Or is it 22mm, I can't remember)

Adam
    Last edited by Bigman; 16th October 2010 at 22:34.
    Adam 'Bigman' Phillips
    -----------------
    Debadged rear, Full DIS, Cruise, B5 A4 front lower spring seats (15mm lower than B7), XCarlink, RS4 RARB, Factory Fitted BOSE, 2 tone leather interior.

Future Mods: R-Tech Re-map, H&R Springs, 15mm rear and 12mm front wheel spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    thanks guys dont suppose u have a part number? cheeky i know lol

can you get polly bushes for the bar too or do the standard ones perform good enough

Cornish and Proud!

Status
    Not sure about a part number, I got my kit (RS4 RARB, bolts, bushes and clamps) from PJMSpeedy on here, 80ish I think, I can not remember the exact price as I got some other bits from him at the time too. Not sure if there are poly bushes, but the standards seem ok, just make sure that when you fit it you keep the weight on the rear axle whilst you tighten everything!

Adam
    Adam 'Bigman' Phillips
    -----------------

5th Gear

Status
    Seeing as I'm in a good mood:

Seat Cupra R Splitter: 1ML 805 903

For the RS4 RARB:
    2 x 8E0 511 439 - clips
    1 x 8E0 511 409 AL - bar
    2 x 8E0 511 327 D YS4 - bushes
    4 x 101 277 07 Z21 - bolts
    Nathan

jey
    1st Gear

Status

hi mate.. really interested in the fogs with the mesh.. fancied a rs4 main grill but decided no as it wouldnt match the fogs but u seem to have the answer..

how was it done if u dont mind me askin??
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

6th Gear

Status
    thanks Adam think this is one mod i doing pretty soon and hopefully talk Rich into modding my fogs

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jey View Post
    hi mate.. really interested in the fogs with the mesh.. fancied a rs4 main grill but decided no as it wouldnt match the fogs but u seem to have the answer..

how was it done if u dont mind me askin??
    The guys over on Audizine have done the fog grille. Basically you need some honeycomb mesh, you can get it off ebay. Dremmel it to fit the rear of the grille and then seal it with black silicon sealant.
    Nathan

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    yea seen the mesh on ebay.. how do u get the fog surrounds out? tried them once and there pretty right! didnt wana break them..
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

5th Gear

Status
    If you look closely at the fog grille, there are two tabs on the top edge, just pull this down with your fingers and it should pull out.
    Nathan

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    super mate. thank you..

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Very nice mods Nathan, I really must get my splitter fitted .

F
    ULL VCDS HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area pm me.

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    thanks guys dont suppose u have a part number? cheeky i know lol

can you get polly bushes for the bar too or do the standard ones perform good enough
    Darren the uprated anti roll bar is a must have item as it tightens up the back end.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    Darren the uprated anti roll bar is a must have item as it tightens up the back end.
    my back end i quite tight lol

oh u mean on car he he

yeah ive already found it a bit bit skippy under harse cornering lol my list of 2dos are getting ever more longer everyday lol

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    I might have something you may want. Leon Cupra Spliter.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    I might have something you may want. Leon Cupra Spliter.
    mmmm okay lol make u deal ill let ya loose on my engine bay and u can fit it the same time lol he he (ill spray it b4 hand if you like)

5th Gear

Status
    Reposting a pic so that you can see the fog grilles a little better:

Nathan

6th Gear

Status
    very nice mate i defo want this done on mine now looks great

1st Gear

Status
    Hi there Nathan, can you remember were you got the mesh from as ive been looking and cant find anything that looks even close to OEM ??
    During a 4 wheel drift on the M25 i hear from my mate "Dont you ever do that again! Gimme the keys" after 12 hours of owning my old S4

5th Gear

Status
    Best to contact Richardesty, I'm sure it's a copy sold on ebay. I think Bez also may know where it came from.
    Nathan

loves quattro

Status
    Yeah it was off eBay, mine was just an off cut Bez gave me......and is plastic as opposed to ally

Neutral

Status
    just ben looking at piccys v impressed! can i ask richardesty are they drl lights on your lower grills and where was they from. and also where did you get the mesh?

regards chris

5th Gear

Status
    Could you do a write up of how to do it as well please
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardesty View Post
    Yeah it was off eBay, mine was just an off cut Bez gave me......and is plastic as opposed to ally
    I STILL WANT YOUR GRILL !!!!!

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status

loves quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cwuk2001 View Post
    can i ask richardesty are they drl lights on your lower grills and where was they from.

regards chris
    Yes they're slimline dim/dip DRL's from Welcome to TM Tuning - your # 1 source for VW & Audi OEM and aftermarket parts

Neutral

Status
    cheers for that
    wheres the best place to get my cupra splitter from also?

regards chris

5th Gear

Status
    Seat garage, ordered mine today will have it tomorrow still got the screws and black sealant left from when I did it on my old one. 37 though, much more than last time....
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    I think Seat may realise that their splitters are being used for pimping rides so keep adjusting their prices.
    Nathan

1st Gear

Status
    Does anyone know the part number for the Cupra splitter please. It would be much appreciated
    Funky

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNKYCLIFF View Post
    Does anyone know the part number for the Cupra splitter please. It would be much appreciated
    1ML 805 903

I paid 37.85(inc VAT) from Hobin SEAT (Preston)

I fitted mine at the weekend to an SE Bumper

5th Gear

Status
    Picked mine up today and the guy even said how much more they are now. Everything has gone up, brembo callipers gone up from 150 to 300, and replacement keys up. from 35 to 125. Bloody rip off. He's also never known a cupra owner to buy one lol