Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jey
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.O.G View Post
    I'm not sure how it's attached to the car that's all, is it clips that will snap getting them off or is it adhesive which might bend the plastic whilst removing the strips? I'm not sure. Do you know where I could get them vinyl wrapped if they will come off?

vinyl wrapped sorry no, if u had them off would painting again not be ok?
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah painting should be fine but I'd def wet sand between each coat then polish it up otherwise I don't think it would look too clever. I'm only concerned about how they are attached to the car?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    a car body repair shop would know how they are removed and replaced id say... the trims would ten times better sprayed than the black rubber ones that are on the 07 SE's..
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    mine are black plastic ones the rubber runs along side then as it does with the chrome ones the black kit is my fav thing on the car look soo much better on a black car
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

5th Gear

Status
    I'm not sure how it's attached to the car that's all, is it clips that will snap getting them off or is it adhesive which might bend the plastic whilst removing the strips? I'm not sure. Do you know where I could get them vinyl wrapped if they will come off?
    Are you talking about the chrome trims around the window/doors? If you are then I strongly recommend you don't remove them. There are several old threads about this but basically you have to take the door to bits to replace them. I would recommend just using some vinyl such as 3M Di-Noc and covering them. At least if you don't like them you can take them off.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    I knew it wouldn't be easy, where can I get di noc from Nath?
    Mafia black 2007 A4 S-line 2.0Tdi - RNSE - Bluetooth - MFSW - GSM phone prep - Privacy glass all round - Cupra R splitter - Black Grill, surround and fog surrounds - 12" sub and 1200 watt JBL Amp - AP Coilovers - 19" RS6 Alloys - 6mm f & 15mm r spacers - Carbon wrapped interior - Blue LED dials - Ambient Lighting - Cruise Control - HID's - LED side lights - mapped to 185bhp / 380nm - Twin exit exhaust - RS6 style DRLs

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi
    I would recommend this guy, good price and quick delivery. And don't forget to borrow the wife's hair dryer.

eBay My World - underground-graphics

Buster
    A4 Avant 1.9 Tdi Brilliant Black

5th Gear

Status
    Can you only get carbon? I just want black. Carbon will be noticeable and I want it to match my grill and wheels when I buy em lol

5th Gear

Status
    I bought mine (bought from them several times) from carbonfibergeneration items - Get great deals on 3M di Noc Carbon Vinyl, iPhone 4 Covers items on eBay.co.uk Shops!

I know that the first few people that blacked out their trims used other vinyl tape, think this springs to mind: BMW Shadowline Black Window Trim & Roof Vinyls
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    That BMW stuff is expensive mate, I'm getting some sign writing done for Friday, I might just ask my guy if he has any black vinyl and use that. I'm sure it'll be cheap enough. Do you think this will work?

5th Gear

Status
    Yep. I think there are other black automotive vinyl tapes around but anything that can stick to plastic/metal should be fine I would reckon.
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds good I'll ask him about that.

Thanks man.

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    ill go down the route of remove and spray plus dont fancy knife's round the paintwork lol.. carbon would look well if the wing mirrors were carbon to....

5th Gear

Status
    Let me know how you get on with that. I dont fancy it myself, a razor blade will be better than a knife, there much more precise. If you've got a steady hand your paintwork will be fine.

5th Gear

Status
    A few people have done it with a knife and as long as you are steady it should be straightforward. Apparently you will need to remove the rear quarter glass to remove that bit of trim....I wouldn't fancy doing that.

Richardesty di-noc'd his trim. Give him a PM and ask him how he got on.
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    That's a good dea, I guess it might look pretty good in carbon, I just want it "murdered out" as yanks say ha ha but nit looking like a ricer with carbon.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks to the OP, for doing his grill, i got inspired to do mine and alloy sort out my alloys too.

Thanks be to the big man for the LOVELY weather we had today and yesterday. Perfect for painting in!!

and thanks to a friend for his helping hand...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Fahim; 11th October 2010 at 23:11.
    Things to do: Lower on coilovers, spacers, front end respray and a full correctional detail!

5th Gear

Status
    Looks good mate, glad to see iv dished out abit of inspiration :-) now I need to sort my black wheels ha ha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12