AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617 LastLast
Results 601 to 640 of 667
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Anyone else with this problem on 2006 2.0 TDi? Injectors...

  1. #601
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    west london
    Posts
    43
    just a quick question has any one had these syptoms prior to injector failer when car on idle car feels like it has a intermitant misfire and idle sometimes a little erratic when you pick idle up no misfire and drives fine,its going in for the injectors anyhow so i will see then just wondered?....

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #602
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    west london
    Posts
    43
    where is everyone,anyone would think its christmas!

  4. #603
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    audi fixing fault

    i have a 2007 a4 tdi 170bhp. i( for only 15 months ) its a fault on the 170 model, mine were replaced foc as i broke down after leaving house 1 mile down the road. the previous day i been down m6 and m69 and car drove like a dream. Apparently having a 170bhp model from factory is different from having a 140bhp and boosting the power, the injectors are different. What i was not happy with is that Audi wait till you have broken down before fixing the problem, because when i asked them they said they are just sending the letters out, but what i have seen on this thread is that the problem been know for a year now. I replace the egr valve in feb and a exhast pressure sensor 2 months earlier. I think all the problems are related also in the 170 model because it has a dpf and this causes back pressure and the items fail , turbo is under risk as well. The dpf ( diesel particle filter ) will never be 100% free of soot and will not let car 'breath' properly. I had a 1.9 tdi for 4 years and replaced 4 tyres and 2 oil changes and no other issues . Going back to the injectors , i been told there is 2 years gurantee, i phone them tomorrow to confirm.
    ps getting a small judder in 1st gear in cold conditions ... so more issues ,

  5. #604
    outsideline's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    181
    im now part of the " my injectors have gone thread!!! ". hohoho its of to audi i go lol......................

  6. #605
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3

    Replacing the injectors NOT necessarily the end of it ??

    OK I had the dreaded injector failure back around May ish (from memory) - usual symptoms, ie. complete power loss/cut out. 1st injector was replaced by an Audi specialist (local Audi dealer was too busy to take the car at the time of failure) to the tune of £800. After researching on this and other Audi forums I realsied the the breadth of the problem and along with many others did the VOSA form and rang & wrote to Audi Customer Service on a regular basis. To their credit (although it should not have been such hard work) Audi Customer relations did eventually refund me the £800 (ish) and arranged for my Audi dealer to replace the other 3 free of charge around August time. So all my money back in my pocket and 4 shiny new injectors and wiring loom, I was happy and my faith in Audi was on the way to being restored...

    The latest. Just before Christmas the car started loosing power at anything above around 2,500-3,000 rpm. Fine up to that point but shuddered and struggled to pick up any acceleration at all above that rev range. If pushed you could eventually crawl up to 3,000-3,500 rpm. No warning lights or any other symptoms.

    RAC came out, followed by an Audi Assist van - no fault codes at all. All obvious things checked and fine. The Audi Assist mechanic thought the symptoms tied up with a previous problem he had seen with the same engine type and an Audi Tech Bulletin nos. TPI 201 3480 which relate to an "injector seating issue".

    Audi dealer has taken the car back for investigation. To be fair to them they haven't billed me (or said they aren't billing me) for any labour or investigation costs, under the pre-tense of it being checking existing work (ie. the replaced inejectors).

    They identified the fuel was contaminated (with soot) and the fuel filter clogged. They've changed the fuel filter and this resolves the problem apparently and they have done two test drives with the vehicle responding appropriately. They had originally suspected the seals on the injectors (to which I was about to argue thats Audi's problem as the injectors were replaced just 3-4 months ago), but they have said they have now checked all of these and there are no visual problems and the new injectors and seals are fine. They have also said the injector seating is fine.

    Their belief is the soot was getting in before all 4 injectors were replaced, and that now, several thousand km later, the fuel filter has simply just reached it's limit and was too clogged, hence the problem. At the moment their proposal is for me to simply take the car back and run on the new fuel filter for a couple of thosuand miles then have it checked again. They have said that since the current tank still has some contamination the fuel filter might need changing again at next service. However if the problem re-occurs, and it's not the injector seals, then the next candidate is potentially the head itself (ie. namely the holes in the cylinder head in which the injectors sit). Watch this space.

    One wonders if there is an issue with soot and original injector failure problem, why they aren't routinely changing the fuel filter when they swap out the injectors. However, I also wonder if there are other inherent faults with the injection system of this engine ?

    (the cynical side of me wonders if during their investigation the dealer realised the injectors weren't in or seated properly, or something equally daft, and they have now resolved this but simply not admitting it - to be honest I'll be glad if this is the case as it goes, and gladly cough up the price of a fuel filter if that's the end of it)

    Anyway, I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has already had their injectors replaced by Audi but who has had further problems with the injectors, injector seals, or injector seating, or similar.

    Thanks.

  7. #606
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    Well i bought my audi 4 weeks ago.I had the injectors done today but they only replaced 1,2, and 4 and the wiring harness.I s this correct?The person who had it before me paid £1200 for number 2 to be replaced one year ago.The egr valve got done a year ago aswel.

  8. #607
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    A big thanks to you guys on here, I've always owned BM's before but after my 325ci sport was written off by a blumming Peugeot driver I decided on a A4 Avant S-Line Special Edition with the 2.0tdi 170 engine. I wasn't grey haired before, but I am now. After only three days of ownership the car went into limp mode with suspected boost pressure sensor failure. This replaced I thought my problems were over, ... Limp mode again and after an Audi diagnosis the two N95 sensors and a new O/S intercooler were fitted. It ran fine for a couple of months until the day before new years eve when it just stopped and wouldn't re-start. (just what you need after the night shift from hell) recovered to my work then towed to the nearby VAG Specialist who diagnosed injector failure. It's now back from Gilders Audi in Sheffield (excellent people) who fitted 4 new injectors FOC even though it's a 56 plate car with 107k miles, at the moment there's loads of grunt and it sits at the traffic lights without misfiring
    Many thanks for the posts you guys put up ... If I'd not seen them I'm sure my bill would have been over 3k .. Knowledge is power :-) Happy New Year ... Graham
    Last edited by 121graham; 9th January 2012 at 18:51.

  9. #608
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26
    Don't know if anyone can answer this and I'll post a new thread as well but my tickover misfire is back about 30miles after the injectors were replaced ... Does anyone know what causes it? ... Regards Graham

  10. #609
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    389
    Just to chip in as I'm interested in the fuel filter facts - we had the injectors proactively replaced by Audi last year after contacting them but had to fork out for a fuel filter replacement 2 months ago as the wife had no power suddenly on the A64 on way to work. RAC came out, diagnosed EGR valve but when Audi York got their hands on it they determined that clogged fuel filter to blame. No problems since but interested if there's a link between the injectors and this. 08 A4 s-line quattro avant on 38k so maybe just needed a filter anyway?
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

  11. #610
    jfarhead's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    176
    Been away for a while...

    But just to pick up on the previous question...

    Yes, I can confirm first hand that the injector I got fitted with (the modified one) failed after 4 months... There are a couple of people on SEAT and Skoda forums that have had a repeat failure...

    Hope it was just bad luck but just to show how much confidence I have in VAG / VOSA dealing with this... I now drive a BMW.
    Report to VOSA:
    www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/onlineservices/vehicledefects.htm

    You are covered by the Sale of Goods Act 1979:
    • Goods must "conform to contract", without an error in manufacturing where a faulty component was inserted
    • The seller is responsible for up to six years after purchase

    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fix-th...56033921135623

  12. #611
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Hmm thanks jfarhead, It's worrying to see instances of the replaced injectors failing again. I too am wondering whether it's time to trade in....


    phil_w - from my udnerstanding of the chat to the Audi workshop tech guy there are a couple of ("known") problems with the injectors (seemingly related), one of which allows soot in the fuel feed back and it therefore contaminates the fuel. The fuel filter is not designed to filter out soot and hence if you've had faulty injectors your tank would have been becoming contaminated.... I asked therefore should Audi not be, as a matter of course, cleaning out the fuel tank and changing the filter when they are changing the faulty injectors - he admitted it was a fair question and possibly they should. All that said, the fuel filters are consumables and are supposed be changed every 40k miles anyway.

    Since having the new fuel filter a couple of weeks (and circa 400 miles) ago, touch wood, mine has been running fine. Fingers crossed.

  13. #612
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oxon
    Posts
    19
    First time I heard of this issue was when my local Audi called and said they needed to recall because of an injector issue on the 170bhp's.

    I've not had an issue and booked in for next month.

    Driving home yesterday up the the A1 in the outside lane and the engine dies on me, luckily I hit the hard shoulder before I lost power to the steering but it was a nervy affair.
    A4 Sline 2.0 Tdi - 170bhp Graphite Grey '07

  14. #613
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    P
    Last edited by Kevin1976; 17th January 2012 at 02:55.

  15. #614
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    All good
    Last edited by Kevin1976; 17th January 2012 at 02:56.

  16. #615
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    I have the same problem as you sometimes the car feels really quick but then its really bad????/ Struggles when it hits 2500rpm.I had injectors done 3 weeks ago and im wondering should i book back into audi?



    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzza View Post
    OK I had the dreaded injector failure back around May ish (from memory) - usual symptoms, ie. complete power loss/cut out. 1st injector was replaced by an Audi specialist (local Audi dealer was too busy to take the car at the time of failure) to the tune of £800. After researching on this and other Audi forums I realsied the the breadth of the problem and along with many others did the VOSA form and rang & wrote to Audi Customer Service on a regular basis. To their credit (although it should not have been such hard work) Audi Customer relations did eventually refund me the £800 (ish) and arranged for my Audi dealer to replace the other 3 free of charge around August time. So all my money back in my pocket and 4 shiny new injectors and wiring loom, I was happy and my faith in Audi was on the way to being restored...

    The latest. Just before Christmas the car started loosing power at anything above around 2,500-3,000 rpm. Fine up to that point but shuddered and struggled to pick up any acceleration at all above that rev range. If pushed you could eventually crawl up to 3,000-3,500 rpm. No warning lights or any other symptoms.

    RAC came out, followed by an Audi Assist van - no fault codes at all. All obvious things checked and fine. The Audi Assist mechanic thought the symptoms tied up with a previous problem he had seen with the same engine type and an Audi Tech Bulletin nos. TPI 201 3480 which relate to an "injector seating issue".

    Audi dealer has taken the car back for investigation. To be fair to them they haven't billed me (or said they aren't billing me) for any labour or investigation costs, under the pre-tense of it being checking existing work (ie. the replaced inejectors).

    They identified the fuel was contaminated (with soot) and the fuel filter clogged. They've changed the fuel filter and this resolves the problem apparently and they have done two test drives with the vehicle responding appropriately. They had originally suspected the seals on the injectors (to which I was about to argue thats Audi's problem as the injectors were replaced just 3-4 months ago), but they have said they have now checked all of these and there are no visual problems and the new injectors and seals are fine. They have also said the injector seating is fine.

    Their belief is the soot was getting in before all 4 injectors were replaced, and that now, several thousand km later, the fuel filter has simply just reached it's limit and was too clogged, hence the problem. At the moment their proposal is for me to simply take the car back and run on the new fuel filter for a couple of thosuand miles then have it checked again. They have said that since the current tank still has some contamination the fuel filter might need changing again at next service. However if the problem re-occurs, and it's not the injector seals, then the next candidate is potentially the head itself (ie. namely the holes in the cylinder head in which the injectors sit). Watch this space.

    One wonders if there is an issue with soot and original injector failure problem, why they aren't routinely changing the fuel filter when they swap out the injectors. However, I also wonder if there are other inherent faults with the injection system of this engine ?

    (the cynical side of me wonders if during their investigation the dealer realised the injectors weren't in or seated properly, or something equally daft, and they have now resolved this but simply not admitting it - to be honest I'll be glad if this is the case as it goes, and gladly cough up the price of a fuel filter if that's the end of it)

    Anyway, I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has already had their injectors replaced by Audi but who has had further problems with the injectors, injector seals, or injector seating, or similar.

    Thanks.

  17. #616
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    Well had the car back at audi yesterday they put it down to the fuel filter.I got that done and the car seems much better mate lots of power now

  18. #617
    Macdoon's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,569
    Injectors changed today, rocker cover gasket FOC, car definately has a smoother power delivery.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

  19. #618
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    south aberdeenshire
    Posts
    26
    Evening all

    I got a message from my local audi dealership today, as I missed the call, stating that there was a recall on my vehicle for the injectors to be replaced..triggered I suspect by the fact the break fluid was due for replacement as the recall bit was tagged on at the end of the message almost as an "oh and yes, there is a recall for the injectors"!.!. Mines an a4 170PS BRD code 07 plate. I was planning to ask about the loom, rocker gasket, fuel filter and tank cleaning when I call them tomorrow so thanks for the information in several of the preceding posts. The car seems to be running fine lately, last 2-3 weeks, after being somewhat lumpy for awhile and has not yet had an injector failure.. Will see what it is like after replacement injectors have been installed...

    Cheers

  20. #619
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Harny86 View Post
    Well had the car back at audi yesterday they put it down to the fuel filter.I got that done and the car seems much better mate lots of power now
    Sorry been away a couple of weeks. Be interested to see if it lasts.

    Changing the fuel filter on mine solved the problem too, but given the tank & fuel is/was still contaminated from the soot (suspected to be from the injector problem, pre-swap) and they didn't flush through and clean the system, I am wondering if the new filter will just clog again.

    I've done about 800 miles since they changed mine. Power is still there with no obvious drop/loss and I can accelerate across the rev range, but I'm not sure if I am being paranoid or whether I'm starting to feel some background juddering and if the car is a little less lively again. Will monitor for the next 500 miles or so. Due a service soon so will probabyl have another fuel filter in.

  21. #620
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Aylesbury, Bucks
    Posts
    38
    After reading all comments on here I have rang Audi Amersham and my car is booking on the 27th Feb for its recall. Well happy so i hope this may sort the problem i had the other week.

  22. #621
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    65

    Talking

    Got mine back from Audi Stockport and my injectors were fine, cracking service and a nice 11 plate A3 black edition as a run around

    Genuine Full VCDS - PM for details (Manchester)

  23. #622
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    West Wales
    Posts
    161
    Will they accept the recall for the injectors irrespective of where the car was purchased?

    My mother has a 57 plate 140 and I'll be getting a 170 in the next few weeks but don't know what year it will be.

    Will our local Audi dealer look at both cars FOC?

  24. #623
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Aylesbury, Bucks
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by eddscott View Post
    Will they accept the recall for the injectors irrespective of where the car was purchased?

    My mother has a 57 plate 140 and I'll be getting a 170 in the next few weeks but don't know what year it will be.

    Will our local Audi dealer look at both cars FOC?
    See i never got mine from an Audi dealer. I found mine at Car Giant in London and only had for 3 or 4 months now and they are taking mine on the 27th of this month.

  25. #624
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    65
    I didn't get my car from Audi, phoned Audi and booked it in, and it only cost me £10 for the courtesy car, they checked the injectors, full health check and a valet.

    Genuine Full VCDS - PM for details (Manchester)

  26. #625
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    My car has had a misfire at idle and a 'cold start' problem since i bought it. (55 plate 140 2.0 TDI). It was checked by Audi and they said nothing was wrong... after reading this I'm guessing they fobbed me off and i'm gonna go get it checked specifically for the injector problem. At times it really doesn't feel like it has as much power as my old 1.9 115 Golf.. and the fuel economy seems to be a little variable at times too.. i.e. one day it will be 35, the next 54.. driving in a similar manner on the same route..
    Thanks for the heads up.. time to go with VOSA and Audi-Sport.net in my back pocket for ammunition ;-)

  27. #626
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    114

    Be careful using when using Audi for injector inspections!

    Quote Originally Posted by eddscott View Post
    Will they accept the recall for the injectors irrespective of where the car was purchased?

    My mother has a 57 plate 140 and I'll be getting a 170 in the next few weeks but don't know what year it will be.

    Will our local Audi dealer look at both cars FOC?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hi there, I took my car in with staring issue & I was informed by VOSA in writing that both the 140 & 170 was affected with the injector problems & that the inspection is free.
    Bo****s!
    Audi booked my car in, they ran a diagnostic on my car(which I did not ask for) then told me I need a new EGR valve!
    I told them I wanted my injectors INSPECTED by removing the rocker cover off & NOT a diagnosis!
    Anyway, it is only the 170 that suffers this fault.
    1) Audi new my car didn't suffer & they went ahead & booked it in anyway

    2) They ran a diagnostic I didn't request & billed me for £107.56 for the hour they had my car for.They also said NOTHING is free here! Meaning the free injector inspection!

    3)They incorrectly diagnosed my EGR as faulty when it wasn't! It was a flywheel fault & I got it replaced. (car is now fine, but I was ripped off by Audi to the sum of £107.56.

    I contested the bill & the incorrect diagnosis made, but Audi refuses to refund my money & that is final!

    So unless you actually know your car is faulty & your 99% sure, I would recommend you not use Audi to help you!

    They tucked me right up!

  28. #627
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1
    Yes, had the same problem with my A4 2.0tdi 06 plate. Kept going into limp mode, glow plugs flashing. Spoke to the garage who initially thought it was the dpf. Kept happening, put it to an Audi garage, this was back in April 2010, they said it was a faulty injector and replaced it, to the tune of £1377 which I paid. Was told if thet didn't solve the problem, then it could be the turbo - quote for that - £1700. Sure enough, maybe about 3 weeks after collecting the car, the glow plugs flashed again. Nightmare. Decided to get rid of it before the worst set in. When our new Audi clutch started playing up, took it back the garage as it was still under warranty, the garage thought it was our old audi and informed us that there was a recall out for faulty injectors. I paid good money for their problem. Anyone else had the same thing happen to them and how are they approaching this??

  29. #628
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    58
    Quick note for advice - my Audi 57 170 is due to go in to Stockport Audi next week bearing in mind the various issues that have been reported on this forum- What if anything should I ask them to check (is the fuel filter part of the recall or just the injectors?) It would seem that even after injectors have been replaced, many owners are still facing issues, would it therefore be best to just not bother? My car has covered 70K and to be honest some of the points rasied lack of power irregular turnover of the engine and fuel consumption have been noted but so far (god forbid) the car hasnt cut out on me. In hindsight I would have steered well clear of the B7 if I had known of the potential problems it has but now I am stuck with it I just want to make sure I cover my bases so to speak.

  30. #629
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5
    I had my AVS and 3 injectors replaced mid January. Since then I've had continual problems with the DPF due to the regen not being to clear the soot to a low enough level. Audi have had it fours days and replaced the EGR and the 'DPF Solenoid' (which I've never heard of). Cutting a very long story short, they've told me I need a new DPF now. My argument with them is that up until the AVS and the recall I've only seen the DPF light once. When it did come on I read the manual and it's been fine ever since. They are refusing to accept that the work I had done could be the cause. I've spent ages reading various post and messing about with VAG-COM. My thoughts are that since the service the car is producing very high soot levels which is overpowering the DPF's ability to clear the soot on a regen.

    I'm going to Shark Performance tomorrow for a second opinion and it'll be the end of the DPF if it is indeed EOL.

    My experience may be coincidence but I'll be very surprised if the work I had done isn't to blame.

    This post probably doesn't help anyone but at least I feel better for my rant...

  31. #630
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    I have just bought a 56 Audi 2.0TDI 170 which seems to rock when staionary. In the service history it says its had a new SET of injectors fitted as a recall in FEB this year and has just had a new throttle body and EGR valve.

    The car has done 87k with full service history, its booked in with my local Audi dealer on the 10th of this month but their first impression seemed to be to stear me away from an injector fault and thought it may be something more serious.

    After reading several pages of this type of fault it looks like when the injectors were changed they should have changed the injector loom aswell but theres now mention of this on the job sheet.

    One mechanic even said it could be a bottom end problem?????

    My thinking is the Audi dealer which installed these injectors haven't done something right or missed something as when the car is idling it sometimes starts to smoke abit but then other times its smooth with no smoke.....

    Will keep you all posted on the findings.

  32. #631
    ASC
    ASC's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    104
    Yip, another victim of this problem here! I had 2 injectors go last year within 3 months of each other on my 57 2.0TDI 170 that I have just recently sold. The first one was replaced the day I was due to be driving to Italy. I still went but it was a tense trip to say the least. Every time I turned the key I was preying it started. The 2nd one went sitting in traffic in the middle of Edinburgh at rush hour, that caused a fair ammount of chaos too! Luckily though Aberdeen Audi footed the bill both times as a good will gesture although they wouldn't say there was a known problem with these injectors. I asked them to replace the other 2 just in case but they wouldn't have it! Worth a try..
    2006 Sprint Blue S4 Avant - 2.5" catless DP's - Miltek Non Res cat back - BMC panel filter - JHM remap - H&R springs - EBC TG discs - Yellow stuff pads - Matt/Polished RS4's

  33. #632
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by GWhittell View Post
    I had my AVS and 3 injectors replaced mid January. Since then I've had continual problems with the DPF due to the regen not being to clear the soot to a low enough level. Audi have had it fours days and replaced the EGR and the 'DPF Solenoid' (which I've never heard of). Cutting a very long story short, they've told me I need a new DPF now. My argument with them is that up until the AVS and the recall I've only seen the DPF light once. When it did come on I read the manual and it's been fine ever since. They are refusing to accept that the work I had done could be the cause. I've spent ages reading various post and messing about with VAG-COM. My thoughts are that since the service the car is producing very high soot levels which is overpowering the DPF's ability to clear the soot on a regen.

    I'm going to Shark Performance tomorrow for a second opinion and it'll be the end of the DPF if it is indeed EOL.

    My experience may be coincidence but I'll be very surprised if the work I had done isn't to blame.

    This post probably doesn't help anyone but at least I feel better for my rant...
    have the dealer changed the exhaust pressure sensor? tell them to change it!

  34. #633
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    south aberdeenshire
    Posts
    26
    Another rant here.! I had mine booked in with franchise dealer for next week for injectors and loom check/replacement if necessary they say. Only just got the car back from body shop after someone drove into the side of it couple months back, lol. However, and I know I am drifting off-thread here, this will now have to wait as the next in a long line of problems has struck…..water in the bulkhead. Blocked drains and water has come into front passenger foot well, comfort control module thing seems to have bitten the dust as lost central locking, electric windows, interior lighting, boot and petrol cap release. I popped the rubber gromit to the left of the battery and the water drained out so least no more coming in. Pulled up front passenger foot well carpet and wot a mess… have siphoned out several litres of water...now trying to get as much as possible out with scrunched up old newspapers. Hope I have avoided break servo and ecu damage… car into local guy I trust for next week so will have to see what the damage is. Since owning this car I have had, and continue to have, many sleepless nights and wish I had listened to advice and gotten rid of it ages ago.. Debating now whether to just get rid of it after this latest mess is sorted out but feel bad that some poor unsuspecting person who buys it may have injector failure. May get the injectors done and get rid straight away.. Going back to owning older cars after this nightmare year or so..

  35. #634
    max69vk's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kingston upon Thames
    Posts
    745
    Might as well add my mini rant to this thread!

    My car went in 5 days ago for the injector recall, despite never having an issue with the car i thought ' better safe than sorry' so had the work done at the local Audi dealers. This is where my problems started...

    When I went to pick the car up it was running like a bag of the brown stuff, lumpy idle, rough running, & noisy as hell, they tried convincing me all was well so I (stupidly) accepted the car & left. Within a couple of hours it was obvious that something wasnt right so I contacted the delear & told them the car was coming back & to check the work done including the injector timing (as well as the injector rocker assembly), 24hrs later I get a call... All the work has been checked with no issues found. However, now the car sounds 100% better with no rough running or idling etc, they try convincing me that the rough running was due to the car being part way through a regen to which I told them it was utter rubbish as its never been like that before!

    Now a further 48hrs later (& less than 50 miles) the car is running rough again with a very pronounced splutter at between 1200-1600 rpm, could this be the fuel filter being blocked or am i going to have to make a 3rd trip to the dealer?

  36. #635
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by max69vk View Post
    Might as well add my mini rant to this thread!

    My car went in 5 days ago for the injector recall, despite never having an issue with the car i thought ' better safe than sorry' so had the work done at the local Audi dealers. This is where my problems started...

    When I went to pick the car up it was running like a bag of the brown stuff, lumpy idle, rough running, & noisy as hell, they tried convincing me all was well so I (stupidly) accepted the car & left. Within a couple of hours it was obvious that something wasnt right so I contacted the delear & told them the car was coming back & to check the work done including the injector timing (as well as the injector rocker assembly), 24hrs later I get a call... All the work has been checked with no issues found. However, now the car sounds 100% better with no rough running or idling etc, they try convincing me that the rough running was due to the car being part way through a regen to which I told them it was utter rubbish as its never been like that before!

    Now a further 48hrs later (& less than 50 miles) the car is running rough again with a very pronounced splutter at between 1200-1600 rpm, could this be the fuel filter being blocked or am i going to have to make a 3rd trip to the dealer?
    Mine is running just like yours after having my injectors replaced when cold. Soon as its a bit warm it's perfect and fuel economy is excellent. I called the dealer and they assured me it's nothing they did and they would charge me if they proved that.

  37. #636
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    south aberdeenshire
    Posts
    26
    well, got latest in a long line of issues sorted. new comfort control ecu and loads drying out and car running again. had enough by now so didn't bother with injector replacement; got rid of car straight away so now a merc driver.

    thanks to all who have posted on this thread and indeed this forum. been interesting and valuable information..

    cheers

  38. #637
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    5
    Quick question as read most of the thread ive had my a4 tdi 140 for two years now was booked in for a service and cambelt change next week. Seems that my car developed the same fault as the 170 models you all had. Rang audi they said it wasnt a fault on my model. Wondered if anyone else has had the problem on the 140?

  39. #638
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    114
    Hi there 80quattro, another 140 owner here. What symtoms you having with yours?? I've heard the injector wiring loombs go on the 140's.

  40. #639
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by leecool View Post
    Hi there 80quattro, another 140 owner here. What symtoms you having with yours?? I've heard the injector wiring loombs go on the 140's.
    Mine arent just symptoms now. As on my birthday it cut out completly after juddering and a loss of power for about 300yards. Towed it back home yesterday using the handbrake for brakes which was fun. Engine will start first time but is a knocking/clicking noise on tick over. Clouds of white smoke but wont rev at all. Engine management light has come on now. Going to get my mechanic over from barnsley to try find out the fault. Unless anyone closer to s5 area has a reader?

  41. #640
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    91
    iv come to the conclusion that the 140's are crap, all you will do is chase your arse with trying to find the fault and get knowhere. I wish you all the luck in the world trying to find your issue,

    iv had all injectors checked, loom, cleaned egr and my fault is still there.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO