S8 Brake Upgrade Using Porsche GT3 Brakes

naraidoo

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded the brakes on their S8 to Porsche Brakes, which I am led to believe is possible?

I tried to get this done by AmD in Oxford (www.auto-amd.com/bigbrakes.asp) but they were far from helpful.

If you've done this, who did you use, were they any good, and what are the Porsche brakes like in comparison to the originals?

Regards, Marcus

I know it's been done with A8, so it must be possible for S8 as well, though the std Brembos are pretty good already me thinks.

Maybe you could see Movit and ask them for a quote and dealer.

You can fill out a form (click the mail button) and they'll give you more info.

I'd be interested to hear what you find out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm not familiar with them, so I really couldn't say. Generally I'm rather satisfied with the std Brembo kit, but I'll have mine checked as well next week, since the garage where I bought the car replaced the pads (not sure which brand), but I'm not really satisfied with the condition of the rear discs. (a light tremble sometimes)

Optically they may have been nicer in red though... If the discs are going to be replaced I might check to see what the price would be for some perforated discs, but I don't think I'll change the calipers etc.

For an A8 the difference may be noticable, but for S8 I think the price is not worth the IMO slight - if any - difference.