rear caliper

964russ

Reaction score
One of my rear calipers is sticking.
Had this problem with a g4 years ago.
So it needs a new caliper.

Ive bought a pair of calipers of ebay for £10.

Plan is too strip and refurb new calipers, paint them and fit new seals ect.

Any 1 ever refurbed a caliper?

Any tips?

95% of calipers sticking(according to my experience) is due to the 2 sliding bolts getting rusted because of the rubber seal gets broken over time. Just renew the bolts and rubber seal, use a lot of grease on the bolts and you should be fine.

Piston seals can split/lift out. Check the piston and bore for rot before you buy a service kit. Copper ease the sliding bolts and a smear on the pad to piston ring.

One of my rear calipers is sticking.
Had this problem with a g4 years ago.
So it needs a new caliper.

Ive bought a pair of calipers of ebay for £10.

Plan is too strip and refurb new calipers, paint them and fit new seals ect.

Any 1 ever refurbed a caliper?

Any tips?
If your's are too bad then i have good working ones there off a car i am breaking at the moment. They were replaced recently- one last year, the other 2 years ago. They were quality Pagid refurbished calipers bought from Euro Car Parts at great expense... Drop me a line if interested.

Doing mine at the moment, my only real tip for you is don't remove the internal circlip holding the handbrake mechanism. All that is under it is an O ring and it doesn't wear and the circlip will probably break while you take it out (both mine broke!) Audi won't sell you the circlip just replacement calipers but if you are stuck for it BigRedd.co.uk can help you out, they sourced the circlips for me. Bought the seal kit off them too, very helpful bunch. You will also need a long reach 90 degree internal circlip pliers, like the ones you would use for master cylinders to get this circlip in and out. The rest is just as you would do rebuilding any other caliper and use proper caliper grease, it's not that expensive. If you've any questions feel free to PM me.