A6 S-Line Le Mans 2.0TDi versus A6 S-Live Special Edition 2.0TDi

WagsbyUK

Gear Driven Cams
Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between the A6 S-Line Le Mans 2.0TDi 170PS from 6 months ago and the A6 S-Line Special Edition 2.0TDi 170PS currently available in dealers.
Apparently you cant get the Le Mans anymore only the Special Edition and it will be the last model before the new C7 shape

From what I can see the only difference is the absence of the "Le Mans" badges on the front wings, otherwise the extras in the Special Edition package are identical to the former Le Mans package, with the exception that 2 years ago the Le Mans package cost £595.65 + VAT (17.5%) and now it is only £212.50 + VAT (20%). Also the extra of the S-Line over the SE has dropped ( from Feb 09 to Feb 11)from £1830.43 + VAT (17.5%) to £1062.50 + VAT (20%), however the pre VAT price of the basic car has gone up by £1800 in that time but you get Phone Prep - Low and Tech Pack - Low included in SE and above which (officially) was not the case in 2009 so the overall pre-discount price of an A6 today is cheaper than it was 2 years ago . As the new A6 starts shipping in April, this clearly is the end of the line for the C6

Thanks for the info, I have ordered an SE Saloon in Jan for delivery in Mid March (i hope) going back to Audi after 3 disappointing years in a E220 Merc