Pictures at last!

• Thread starter imported_dumpvalve
  • Start date
Nope. Didn't work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Try again.........

Cheers mate. Like your username by the way. Quite clever.

lovely, looks really good. looks a lot neawer than a 1996 model!!!

look awesome mate. It looks so fresh unlike pre-facelift version which is dull.

Top job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

I've tried to keep it subtle but aggressive, and I think I've achieved just that.

In answer to your questions:

The sideskirts are OEM S4, headlights are OEM Valeo one-piece projectors. But I can't take credit for those - Excursion did them when it was his car! I put the S-Line badge on the rear; Excursion had already debadged it when I bought the car. Gave me a blank canvas I suppose!

In comparison to how it looked before I fitted the front and rear spoilers, I think it's a real transformation, and of course I'm well chuffed that I've got the thumbs-up from my fellow AS members!!!!!

RESULT!

(Now for the engine.....)

[ QUOTE ]
tennisguy said:
look awesome mate. It looks so fresh

Top job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks clean and aggressive- im liking the spoiler too,see what you mean- good choice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Car looks amazing, only thing i dont personaly like are the s badges but wicked car.

Cheers

Derek /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers mate. Hope yours is coming on well. Apart from maybe fitting an RS4 grille, I think that any other aesthetic mods would detract from the original styling, which is pretty nice in stock form if you ask me. All I've done is enhance the original lines.

Think I'll just get the RS4 grille, put my S-Line badge on it, and maybe look into getting some RS4-style mesh for the bumper sections. I saw a pic on here of somebody who had done it on a red B5, and it looked nice. If I end up fitting some and it looks a bit cheap, it's easy to revert back to the standard clip-in mesh sections. I'm just thinking that it might look a bit odd having honeycombe mesh and horizontal mesh on the front at the same time.

As I said earlier though, attention is now on the engine. No good having a car that looks 240BHP if it doesn't pack the punch.

Drew.

[ QUOTE ]
Derek Ross said:
Car looks amazing, only thing i dont personaly like are the s badges but wicked car.

Cheers

Derek /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying about the badges, but they don't suggest that the car is something it's not: I'd never dream of putting S4 badges on a 1.8T. It like putting an M3 badge on a 318i. Which as we all know is a very common thing! I think my car is unique enough to warrant badges that suggest it's a bit special, or at least not a bog-standard 1.8 or something. The fact that they say S-Line, which is not specific to an engine size or output, in my eyes makes it feasable. S-Line's like saying Sport if you think about it.

But anyway, glad you like the look of the car as a whole, and good on you for giving an honest opinion.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Drew.

[ QUOTE ]
Drew 2226 said:

As I said earlier though, attention is now on the engine. No good having a car that looks 240BHP if it doesn't pack the punch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends if you want to pay the insurace for it :)
I have a 1.8 non turbo as insurace is stupid for me even @ 29 only been driving a little while they charge a fortune.

Cheers

Derek

[ QUOTE ]
Derek Ross said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drew 2226 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends if you want to pay the insurace for it :)
I have a 1.8 non turbo as insurace is stupid for me even @ 29 only been driving a little while they charge a fortune.

Cheers

Derek

[/ QUOTE ]

try elephant, im 21 and pay £748 fully comp on my a4, only 1 years no claims too.

I'm 23, been driving since I passed at 17, no bumps, full no-claims. And yes, insurance is a pain in the ****. I think it's just one of those inevitable pitfalls of seeing a car as more than an A-to-B job.

I don't really mind paying extra on the insurance if it means I can get some decent power. I've always wanted to tune cars since I was about 15, so with it being my passion, it's hard to be stubborn with money.

Fast cars were never meant to be cheap. If they were we'd all be driving round in them!

Drew.

Nice and if your after grill and RS4 mesh i can help you there too. I just bought a load of RS4 parts and the grill is a double.

RS4+grill+comb1.JPG

Have just bought the whole exterior of an RS4 and I already have a RS4 grill so its a double.

The black mesh is of the lower grill section and the silver mesh was what I bought to go on my RS4 replica bumper, which I'm also selling. Theirs enough for that and more.

How much you after for the bits? mainly grill and bumper?

[ QUOTE ]
docurley said:
Grill £30
Bumper With mesh £120 and that selling at a loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got PM!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drew your lucky day as found a silver one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

standard s4:

Sure you dont want to get Votex sides and sell the s4 to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the mod looks clean and rounder than my Rieger, but Rieger has the side vent cut outs.

links:

http://public.fotki.com/LI-S4/cars_and_stuff/mods/ (see the various grill mod pics)

Audiworld tech has a write up