free wheels from a old bloke

theviking

Reaction score
Iv been given an interesting proposition of changin my standard 16 inch a4 alloys for a set of 18 inch rs4 spoked alloys and tyres with an old dude who knows noting bout cars problem is there big and they need refurbing paint is peeling off them i dont know wht to do ?

Hi mate thats not a bad position to be in! I suppose you really have three choices.
1:Ask yourself if you'd be happy to drive your Audi with the wheels in the condition that they are in?
2:Ask yourself if your willing to pay money out for the wheels to get refurbed?
3:Finally are you happy with the wheels you have.

Now you've used your "ask the audience" lifeline so you can now only "phone a friend" or "50/50"

Goodluck

well to put it this way, the OEM rims will fetch you £50 tops to sell, and the 18's in almost any condition will fetch a good few hundred plus.

All depends what you want?

Worse case i am sure someone on here would be more than willing to swap thier OEM wheels for 18's

normally cost about 40-50 quid for refurb per wheel, cheaper if you diy not as hard as you think

cheers ya ll the old dude wants to swop over so if i decide to do it, is roll round with em in **** state for a while i like em but big dilemmmmmmaaaaa cheers anyway

do it, will sharpen up your handling jumping 2" to start with. you can always sell them

viking where are you located?

went and had a sneaky look round wheels all the paint is off round the top of each wheel bout 1.5" and the paint is peling of will defo ned spaying tyres are all good tho! if bought wood do em in grey to complement the silver of my car everyone has the wheels so if i decide to do it want to be diff from croud!aggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! dont know yet no pressure tho so time to decide !?

Dude, for free 18" OEM wheels, I would respray them myself. Even the curbing can be bodged with a little filler.

Before:

07032007104.jpg

After:

14052007.jpg

26072007160.jpg

I would say that if the tyres are good and usable, then I'd go for the upgrade. But... 18" rims on a car with standard suspension might look a little odd. Is yours standard?

i'd swap them, then you can take one wheel off at a time and run with the spare, while you clean up and repaint each 18" wheel. That way the car stays mobile.

Thats what i did when i painted the 16's, although i borrowed craigs spare too and did two at a time.

they are 100 times worse then yoiur pic voteforpedro but you have done an excellent job well done look new im still mullin it over it is running on original suspension but wil be lowered in summer hopefully e bay coil overs ,iv justed washed and waxed mine and cleaned the original wheels and polished em they look excellent as ive detailed the centre caps in silver and blac outer rim the bit with the alen bolts in ! i may lower it first and then sorce some wheels later when next baby boy is bit older (THE MISSES) I WANT SOMETHING A BIT DIFFERENT maybe 14 inch F1 STYLE ? THANKS 4 ADVICE PEOPLE your all my consience on togh decicions ha ha ha ha

Have a look at my thread, pretty simple to do own refurb if your a handy person with a good eye. You could manage 2 a day quite easy, and choose any colour from large range of spray cans available, and would cost around £50-80 for all materials, i'd go for it mate!

I refinished mine myself... didn't do too bad a job considering the state they were in when I got them!

golf_w10.jpg

golf_r10.jpg

love em i love the old skool blac n silver i want a set of the audi steels i dont know what model they r off very similar but hav a flat audi rings in centre iv seen on a mk 3 with red centres