Coilovers now fitted

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
right guys i got started this morning at half 9 putting these coilys on. i went down the route of taking the pinch bolt out and taking the unit out as a whole which turned out to be pretty easy which was good, the pinch bolt needed a bit of heat as i thought but once treated to the flame it came out nice enough. the fronts were quite easy but somehow the most time consuming(45 mins each side) once the unit was off the fun started with the spring compressors but each shock took about 20 mins to take off and eibach put on, then assembled on. the backs were a piece of cake. 15 mins off and 15 ins on each side minus a massive gash on my old mans arm ue to him pullin the rear shock from the arch and catcing his arm on the sharp plate which sits behind the rear brake disk. anyway all on in 5 and a half hours and a job well done. wot a massive diffrence as soon as i done the fronts. check out the pics with the front compared to the rear lol the car now looks the part. all i need now is to upper arms due to me splitting the rubbers but thats a quick job due to me changing the bolt around on the arms so when i need to take them off ill not have an issue with the bolt hitting the arch. i also need a wheel bearing but phil at PW can sort that for me when he services the car for me.
just a few pics for you, sorry for poor quality as my wrists were killing me from cracking the rear bolts off the rear suspension housing.
Photo0057.jpg

Photo0058.jpg

Photo0061.jpg

Photo0062.jpg

Photo0063.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0067.jpg

appologies for pic, shakey hands
Photo0068.jpg

big difference
Photo0028.jpg

Grant great stuff mate, the car look's great...

Massive improvement, amazing how much of a difference it makes to a car's look when its lowered. Looks great

Looks good Twig those BBS really suit the car, good work! :hubbahubba:

i cant see the pics but ill bet it looks good! what coilovers did you go for in the end?

Good job , now throw it around a bit , feels so much better oh and watch for any more dropping in ride height over the next week or so.

i cant see the pics but ill bet it looks good! what coilovers did you go for in the end?
eibach pro street s, sorry bout the pics, ill post up better ones when the car is on the flat and settled a bit. the car now feels alot tighter in the handling, i havent tested properly yet as i need a wheel bearing so i shall be sorting that out then testing.

pro street... i have those on the golf and theyre "firm" to say the least. brand new they must have been a grand or more?

£760 mate, cant wait to test them out next week, the car is booked in for service and wheel bearing so until then she not moving

nice.
I would be interested to see how they drive.
where did you get them for that rice if you don't mind me asking?

nice.
I would be interested to see how they drive.
where did you get them for that rice if you don't mind me asking?

phil at PWmotorsport, the car is off there saturday for a few days for service and wheel bearing so i cant wait to get it back.

heres a decent photo of it, front needs a touch more to get it looking level
Photo0070.jpg

That sits really nicely, but you're right... the front needs to be a touch lower.

You'll be scraping the floor with me in no time! lol

lol im not going for the slammed look so ill keep it sensible, she needs to settle a bit now so ill be tweaking next week, really happy with them though and it all feels tighter in the steering wheel which makes me happy cuz it feels soild now

personally I would say the front is perfect but the rear needs to come up a touch.
There rears will settle faster than the fronts

looks good

pro streets (the actual units themselves) always look soooo fit

How will the rears settle quicker than the fronts...? There's a heavy engine up front...!

you seen how much the rear squats when you sidestep the clutch? :p

Yeah... it's called Physics!:icon_thumright:

The drivetrain wants to move forwards, but the body (and the rest of the car) doesn't, so the back dips down as it's being trailed along. It happens with most things in life!