Upgraded to S4

• Thread starter imported_GezzerS4
  • Start date
I

imported_GezzerS4

Had my 2000 S4 a week now, upgraded from a 2.8Q with Audi fitted bodykit which I had for a few years, enjoyed the 2.8 but is was starting to get a little tired, and I wanted an S4 for ages.

I love the extra power, stiffer suspension, and sooooo much better brakes, not so keen on higher road noise though, although the 2.8 was running not so grippy but quiet Avon's, S4 is running Pilots.

Interesting fuel consumption comparison.

2.8 Town = very poor 21 ish, decent run about 31.
S4 better around town, run about 27.5, although these days I tend to take it easy around town.

Car is off to AMD next week for stage 1 & Milltek (I am in the area for F1 Testing at Silverstone), and to DVLA for S4 Plate.

Anyway must get back to browsing excellent threads for tips etc.

PS is the Concert head and Bose supposed to sound so C*&P, very clear but no bottom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

No that's not normal, it's supposed to sound very crap with muffled sound and no bottom.

Andy man, I'm not an expert in Audio and I don't look for something professional but the system is not crap!!! It's a good radio but the sound is average. When you say bottom, you mean bass??? If yes, then your right..it's sh*t!! But you can easily uprade the sound by changing your twitters, your back speakers, getting a nice amp and a subwoofer!

That's what I'm gonna do next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Oh and BTW Geezer... congrats on a fine piece of machine!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

G

Nice upgrade bud...

I did the same, had the 2.8Q then upgraded to the S4 in January and I love it to bits. Impressed with the 27.5, as I'm only managing 24-5 on a good week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but its way tooo tempting to press the right pedal to eat the odd rep in a BMW...

Let me know how your stage 1 tune goes bud as I'm planning on doing that soon !!!

DrOdius,

Will do, it's scheduled for Wednesday next week, I'll let you know how it goes !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rasta,

Hey, Let me know how sound upgrade goes, and degree of hassle etc, I am not into masses of thumping bass all the time but like a good balanced sound that will work with my wide range of musicical tastes, Hendrix to Vivaldi and everything in-between.

Cheers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drew 2226 said:
[ QUOTE ]
GezzerS4 said:

Hendrix to Vivaldi and everything in-between.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hendrix = God. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree... Hendrix was amazing, but at the time there were other Heavenly artists such as Led Zep, The Doors...

Oh and Geezer, no problem when I do get the uprade I'll send you a PM.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
G.

[ QUOTE ]
ambesten said:
I had an 1.8t Q for like 2 years and then got a yellow S4, That car is crazzy...

But you guys get miles to the gallon that are un heard of where im from, i get like 19/29 town/highway...

Didn't think i drove that fast that often...

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends if your car is modified or not... Plus, it also depends on how you drive your car.

G.