friday

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
looks like ill be up at 7am to beat the rain with me(south wales) and wash and polish and wax the car eady for saturday, its a pain because my gargae is big enough for 3 cars but is full of wood, big *** table saws and lots an lots of sawdust which can be a ****** with waxing lol

cant wait to see how many looks i get tomorro when people are gettng ready for work and they see me outside with my lambs wool mitt washing my baby LMAO:respekt:

Gave mine a quick wash and polish earlier :). Twiggy you have a pm.
Looks like its going to be nice weather according to the forcast earlier.

its gona start raing about 1pm according to bbc weather, mate i seen the message yousent but it werent in my pm, it was in visitor messages and i dont know how to get back on there

Wouldn't trust the BBC's weather forecast, it's usually a big load of bollo(ks! I think Mystic Meg is their lead meteorologist.

i washed ours on sunday, discovered its not actually ming blue so no amount of polishing is going to make it match the front wing (its not even ****** metallic!), then got really ****** off with the state of the paintwork after attempting to polish one panel and gave up.

It now looks absolutely manky again for some reason too :mad:

Stuff it. I'll go over it with a bucket of water and some fairy liquid on saturday and that will do it!

i washed ours on sunday, discovered its not actually ming blue so no amount of polishing is going to make it match the front wing (its not even ****** metallic!), then got really ****** off with the state of the paintwork after attempting to polish one panel and gave up.

It now looks absolutely manky again for some reason too :mad:

Stuff it. I'll go over it with a bucket of water and some fairy liquid on saturday and that will do it!

bummer, get some elbow grease into it and make her shine lol

tut tut...........fairy liquid!!!!! and i hope its 2 buckets and not a sponge lol:no:

best way to avoid scratching it when washing it is....not wash it!
highly unlikely mine will see any other can of water than rain until at least April!

Heh, 2 buckets?

It gets 1 bucket and a sponge! Detergent is detergent imo, and fairy is sat there on the shelf whereas special "car shampoo" has exactly the same stuff in it but costs 5x the price.

Whats the "preferred" method for washing it then if i'm not supposed to use a sponge?!

I usually give it a blast over with the hose to dislodge any loose crap then wash the roof first, then start at a front corner and wash each panel from the top down, rinsing as i go. Then i do the wheels last and give the arch liners a blast out with the hose when i'm rinsing the wheels.

IIRC, Fairy Liquid and similar has a very high salt content. Great for dulling the paintwork over a long period. I used Fairy for yeeeears until I discovered Maguiars Gold shampoo.

bet it is not as salty as the roads in winter.....

True, but both will strip the wax protection from your car. Thats why it's supposed to be a good idea to continue washing your car even in the winter

yeah its fine as long as you can guarantee it to be grit free, sponges by deffinition absorb the water and grit and hold it in, where as a was mit tends to hold it in until you rinse it out in the clean water bucket. Then when you wadge it into the soap bucket you are using clean water/soap solution and hopefully as you have rinsed the mitt the grit and dust are in the rinse bucket away from the car

bet it is not as salty as the roads in winter.....

Rubbing your bellend on a sheet of sandpaper isn't as bad as rubbing it on a cheese grater, but neither are really recommended.

I'd be washing mine tonight... but I'm not going this weekend.

Hope it's nice for everyone! :icon_thumright:

i'm not sure washing my car with a gritty sponge quite compares with rasping my knob on a cheeze grater or sandpaper... But i guess some people are quite attached to their motors ;)

Rubbing your bellend on a sheet of sandpaper isn't as bad as rubbing it on a cheese grater, but neither are really recommended.

technically true but if one was the equivalent to driving on the road and one was using Fairy on your car and you had to do one......looks like you would be grating your gonads more often than sanding them.......

i'm not sure washing my car with a gritty sponge quite compares with rasping my knob on a cheeze grater or sandpaper... But i guess some people are quite attached to their motors ;)

I know what I am more "attached" to......

i have partly waxed the car on Thursday, not feeling up to finishing it today :(. so if u see a half shiney car dont laugh

i have partly waxed the "car" on Thursday,

Are we still talking about cars here or were you waxing something else?!?
sandpaper involved?

Are we still talking about cars here or were you waxing something else?!?
sandpaper involved?

yes was talking about the car, lol was trying to bring this thread back on track

i cant go anywhere without hearing summin about a **** or rubbing balls on summin lol i wonder if women talk about rubbing their clunge againts the kitchen top or summin similar lmao sorry lads i was jus havin my own fantasy there:)

back on topic here lads, washed my cr this morning and i now have a cold from it, she is clean and partly waxed as the rain came down fecking ***** bummer ding dong cacking *****....... anyway she is clean now but its pissin down up here(welsh mountains) so ****** it im jus turning up with the car tomorro and im doin my cleaning at CC

the preferred method for washing the car aragorn is not wth fairy liquid as like mark said it will strip the wax you have aplied before, use 2 buckets to minimalise scratches and a lambs wool mitt, wash he roof first then bonnet and top o boot, then rinse, then wash the panels one at a time above the bump strips first as you dont want to washthe dirt by the sills onto any paint work above the bump strips............blah blah blah you know where im goin with this one mate so ****** it, do wot you want as its your car and im just a freak when it comes to washing mine, i was out in the snow febuary in shorts and flip flops like a t**t so you can see how bonkers i am lol

lookin forward to seein you all again tomorro and some new faces.

p.s i got a cold so if you hear me sniffing all day its not cuz im on the class A lmao

clay bar strips the contaminents off the paint work i.e tar,road surface,grime,bug guts and anything which is tough to get off and the things you cant see, try it mate and you will be surprised at wot is in your paint, i got all my gear with me tomorro so if you want to try it out ill gladly do it for you

the Lambswool one?

No, I went for the microfiber one as the lambswool one wasn't Maguiars and it didn't look anywhere near as good quality.

Used it on Saturday for the first time and I have to say I was very impressed :icon_thumright:

i have te microfibre one too, works well but you cant beat the lambswool.
i also have a sheep skin mitt too which is very dense and works well, morale is dont use a sponge lol