stock versus arp intake hose

jamie226bhp

Reaction score
recently bought a yellow 1.8 QTS and am in the process of giving it a once over i.e cambelt, water pump service etc before i get it re mapped,already got a new n75 j valve and a new dv valve but the person before me put a silly cone filter on it so i'm putting a standard air box back on with a panel filter ( non oiled) but he cut the turbo intake hose to fit the maf sensor in, will a new standard intake hose be ok or am i best to by an uprated silicone one

to fit the maff sensor apparently as standard fitting place is in the air box which he removed

On my filter I just unscrewed the MAF from the airbox fitted it up to the cone and the TIP as it was originally and there was a brace plate that went from one of the MAF mounting lugs to one of the now redundant airbox mounts.

I know my cone probably costs me a few ponies but I love the sound of the recirc valve. I'm a sad git I know. Wish iI could make my A4 chatter safely like my old Fiesta

And management as the A4 runs a MAF and by removing the DV as the air passes back through the turbo the MAF will read already metered air as it's unable to distinguish the direction of air being passed through it