whats this?

joss

Reaction score
hello i have a knock when i pullup and looking under the car the bush on this seems to be the problem..questions are what is it, whats the part number, how hard would it be to do on my own and how much are they.
cheers
joss
IMG%5D

ps 96 audi a4 2.6 quattro
IMG%5D

Last edited:
It's the lower control arm.

Not too hard to replace but the ball joint can be a pain to shift.. a blow torch or heat gun is a big help.

Not sure on the part number but a good quality one would be about £40 on it's own AFAIK.

Front lower control arm.

Not too difficult to do on your own, but helps if you've got a ramp.

I think the only difference is the quality between the two hence the price difference. Must be two different manufacturers.

buy cheap buy twice with these normaly.

or get some poly bushes and replace the crappy ones in your exisiting arm...cheaper still!

I baught cheap ones last year, they lasted about 3 months, before wearing out so much they wrecked both front tyres. When i took them off, they were worse than the arms they'd replaced.

Buy lemforder or Meyle, or you'll be back under there again in not much time at all.

buy powerflex and you won't remember being under there

with the cheap ones it seems to be the ball joint that goes and you cant replace that. thats what went on my original audi ones too not the bushes.

Get Lemforder(OEM) or Meyle heavy duty arms and you wont feel sorry. Also replace the droplinks with the genuine items as they dont have balljoints but bushes and they are lasting much longer.

what he said Lemforder OE i got mine from here fast delivery

i'll see what the good quality ones from gsf are.

i would stick to Lemforder or Meyle imho