Just bought an A4 2.5 V6 TDI Quattro Auto - Does anyone own one?

J

jonnycraig

Hi all,

Just waiting for the transporter to deliver my 1999 2.5 TDI V6 Quattro Auto, it seems to be quite a rare car, does anyone have one or any infomation about them.

Cheers

Jonny :unsure:

They're great cars, good power and torque too.

Just be prepared for heart-stopping fuel bills - the 2,5 TDI V6 is a thirsty beast, even in manual, FWD guise.

i have considered this engine in the A6 quite a few times, but heard a few stories that the 2.5 lump is not the most reliable - not sure if this is true though

^^^ The engines are reliable.

The rotary diesel pump however isn't.

Don't own one, but read an ald feature on B5 A4s in motor mechanics mag suggestin the best all round option to get if you can find.

The same rotary pump is used in E34/E36 Beemers and has just the same reputation of spitting the dummy as the audi one has.

fuel pump rebuild, new starter, aux belt tensioner wobbled and belt burnt through engine cover, breather blocked causing unfixable oil leak, vnt turbo vanes clogged, thermostat has now gone and its a belts of job to replace a £10 part just a few of the things thatve gone wrong with mine, oh and it sounds like a tractor when cold
but i still like it!

Cheers dudes for the replies, sounds like its a nice car but gonna have my work cut out keeping an eye on things lol! Should be here today at some point, cant wait to drive it!

J

Yay, transporter guy just rang me so I hopefully meeting him at 4pm, cool!! Cant wait to enter the wonderful world of Audi Quattro Driving :drool:

Cheers

Jonny